• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Batting averages Morales vs Vargas

Jimnesie

We needed pitching and had a logjam of 1B/DH players, and Morales was a year away from being gone anyways.  Would things be any different if Morales were here instead of Vargas?  I highly doubt it.

It would be different if they signed a better pitcher, like Saunders. Morales would have given some 1B depth since apparently Pujols isn't a full time first baseman anymore. Brendan Harris is the backup backup first baseman, not a lot of depth there.

It would be different if they signed a better pitcher, like Saunders. Morales would have given some 1B depth since apparently Pujols isn't a full time first baseman anymore. Brendan Harris is the backup backup first baseman, not a lot of depth there.

I'm pretty sure Trumbo is the backup first baseman? 

Vargas has a 4.09 ERA and 1.25 WHIP the past four seasons.  Saunders has a 4.21 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP, and is two years older.  He's basically a shittier version of Vargas.

What does a backup backup first baseman have to do with anything, and how many teams have/need good 3rd string first baseman depth?  How are we supposed to fit Trumbo, Hamilton, Pujols and Morales in the same lineup on a regular basis with Bourjos in CF and Trout in LF?  

You are reaching pretty far to box everything into your own biased argument.  

Vargas has a 4.09 ERA and 1.25 WHIP the past four seasons.  Saunders has a 4.21 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP, and is two years older.  He's basically a shittier version of Vargas.

What does a backup backup first baseman have to do with anything, and how many teams have/need good 3rd string first baseman depth?  How are we supposed to fit Trumbo, Hamilton, Pujols and Morales in the same lineup on a regular basis with Bourjos in CF and Trout in LF?  

You are reaching pretty far to box everything into your own biased argument.  

Exactly. Where does he fit? If you think Bourjos should have been traded instead of Kendrys, that's a different issue.

We needed starters. We traded a player who was in a logjam with Pujols and Trumbo and traded him for an average starting pitcher. The trade was 100% reasonable. 

• 2 weeks later...

We needed pitching and had a logjam of 1B/DH players, and Morales was a year away from being gone anyways.  Would things be any different if Morales were here instead of Vargas?  I highly doubt it.

I agree with this, but don't you think Morales was worth a better pitcher.  Yes, Morales is represented by Scott Board-ass.

• 1 month later...

Vargas will come around for you.

Morales may not be doing all that great by Angels standards, but he's by far the best hitter on the m(AAA)riners squad, so i'm glad we got him.  

He had a good game in San Diego, part of the five homer explosion.

lol...

Nice bump. 

I was for the trade then, still happy with it now. 

If we had an important game 7 in the World Series and it came down to going with either C.J. Wilson or Jason Vargas. I'd go with Vargas. 

A true #3 starter with the occasional gem. 

Not the point. Calling someone dumb when Morales is hitting .298/.368/.485/.853 is not really smart.

Yes, it is the point. His point was that we traded the wrong hitter. Guess what, we traded the ONLY hitter we could because he had NOWHERE TO PLAY. Nobody else who we could afford to part with (Bourjos) was going to get us a quality starting pitcher.