• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Prospect Nate Smith: A Talented Southpaw On The Rise

Nate-Smith1.gif

Southpaw Nate Smith has posted a 5-0 record over his last seven starts, managing a 1.21 ERA during that stretch. Smith leads the Texas League in both ERA (2.54) and WHIP.

Prior to his recent return to the Arkansas Travelers squad, in which he fired seven scoreless innings for the Travs, Smith appeared in three games for the US National Team with two starts.  He was the winning pitcher in all three contests.  He tallied a cumulative 13.2 innings striking out 18 and posting an ERA of 1.97.  In his last win, a 4-1 decision over Canada, he worked 5.2 innings, allowing one earned run and striking out 10.

Here's your chance to get to know the talented southpaw even better. Below is our interview with Nate Smith almost two years while a member of the Orem Owlz. Enjoy! 

Nate Smith 08-23-2013 from AngelsWin.com on Vimeo.ozKJmEx-j5c

View the full article

I keep hearing Smith is the guy most likely to go in a trade since we're telling teams Newcomb is not available. He's turned some scouts heads with his stuff/command. Getting high marks.

Damn, I'm not sure I want to trade him.

More than that Chuck, I'm hearing his velocity is up a tick or two since he first came into the organization.

the velo uptick makes him very valuable.  

almost 160ip for AA now between this year and last with a sub 3 era.  Missing a few less bats this year, but that probably goes along with the Ark philosophy of pitchers learning to use their defense.  

I think they are trying to keep him out of AAA so his numbers stay tight.  

I could see the team moving both Wilson and Shoemaker this off season.  

I just hope we don't give him away for some mediocre player who won't make an impact. If we are going to move him, I'd like to see it be for a guy with more than just this season of club control.

I highly doubt that will happen with Stoneman in charge.