• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roger Lodge - a new laughable low

yk9001

i used to enjoy listening to hacksaw in the early 90s - i know, but his headlines was a big draw for me.

i can listen to rome, but not for 3 hours everyday. a little bit of him goes a long way, though i think he's the best interviewer out there.

as for the rest of them, i can stand the whole lot of 'em. tried listening a bit in the last few weeks (thanks to it being summer break), but i found that any of them i tuned in to spent so much time talking about movies and other non-sports things that i had no interest in tuning in for more than a minute or two. sports talk radio is in an awful, awful state right now in this market. 

Dave Denholm was on ESPN 710 for years and years.

I heard him doing the traffic breaks on KNX yesterday afternoon.

Tough business.

I remember Denholm - who is doing traffic on KNX - after the Eddings play. Post game show, and a caller (rightfully so, I might add) blamed Josh Paul for: 1.) not tagging AJ, and 2.) rolling the ball to the mound.

I still remember Denholm saying "Ah, come on! You can't blame the catcher..."

Why yes. Yes you can....

Lodge is the ****ing worst. It reminds me when Disney owned the team. No pun intended, but it was just dumbass mickey mouse gimmicks and trying to appeal to some dumbed down casual fan and being family entertainment instead of a sports franchise.

The guy literally sounds like he was grabbed as some on air personality (his dumb dating shows) that isn't even a baseball or sports fan and fakes his way through every show and throws these pathetic humor and catch phrases around to detract from the fact he has no clue what he's talking about.

I saw Mike Hill mentioned in the OP. I have no clue how that dude has a job. Maybe it's just me, but I loathe the over the top loud/obnoxious guy. He's Steven A. Smith doing sports highlights.

The way they replaced the gimmicky Hudler, I wish they would do the same with Lodge.