• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roger Lodge - a new laughable low

yk9001

EDIT:  I started listening in the middle of this, so I might not have gotten this hot take correct:

So he has this guy on yesterday from Fox Sports One.  He's a talking head type, and apparently hosts something called "America's Pregame Show".  I think his last name is Hill.

I guess Roger Lodge is in the mood to "embrace debate", so these two dunderheads manufacture an MVP argument about Trout vs. Harper.  Hill has "chosen" Harper, and the two spend three minutes in the most inane, manufactured debate you've ever heard about "who should get the MVP".  Neither of these two idiots realize they are in different leagues, and they don't compete for an MVP.

Finally, as I debate whether ramming my car into a concrete barrier may be a better option than listening to these idiots, somebody must have said something into the ear of these geniuses, because all the sudden, they are both talking about "AL MVPs" and "NL MVPs" like there is no tomorrow.  People with hearing loss definitely had the better afternoon than any listener who had to endure that.

Its really, really sad when the people of this message board know more about sports than the host and his guest.

I hate when Steve Czaban goes on vacation - I lose my podcasts, and I make the mistake of venturing to the Angels' flagship.

Edited by yk9001

If you think Lodge is bad, Fred Rogan is infinitely worse. Yesterday he started a segment on trades at the deadline and was reading from the LA Times article by Shaiken and still got his information wrong.

I have long loved sports talk radio, lord knows why.

I remember some local host, long ago (can't remember who) basically just reading the sports page on air.  You could literally (I mean literally) hear the newspaper rustling.

I have long loved sports talk radio, lord knows why.

I remember some local host, long ago (can't remember who) basically just reading the sports page on air.  You could literally (I mean literally) hear the newspaper rustling.

Rogan rambled on for about five minutes about how one of the engineers on the show had hit two separate people on the golf course with errant tee shots. If it was an interesting story, Fred managed to suck the life out of it, he never really came to a point as to why the listeners wanted to hear his second hand account. About a couple months ago he had Jillian Barbarie on the show and all they talked about was her sex life. Every time she tried to work in some sports he rerouted the conversation back to a lesbian fling she had. He really needs to retire.

Since he is on when I work, I have only heard Roggin once, the Monday after the Clippers were eliminated this spring.

He spent a lot of time repeating himself.  With lots of pauses...... lots.   of.  pauses.

The thing is, he uses a lot of drops, which I like.  But the drops need to be clear.  His were all muddled.  I couldn't understand the drops.

Since we always bitch, I will give a shout out.

I like the Jeannie Zelasko and Marques Johnson show in the morning.  Not bad, not bad at all.

And Travis Rodgers and (?) Washington are on at the same time on 710.  They are solid.

I don't really understand why anyone pays attention to Lodge, Alden G, etc.  They are such homers (because of their job mostly), what they have to say is worthless.

The national scribes are the only ones I care to listen to.  Lots of their rumors might be crap but they are going to give a real opinion instead of the biased crap we get from Lodge and Alden G, etc.

There is no sports radio after 9:00 am. Just idiots pretending. How about this take:

Driving in for game 2 of the ALDS last year, and one dude on 980 am "The beast" - goes on an Angels rant about helping out Trout. "Howie has to do his job. So does Albet. And Raul Ibanez"

WHAT? Seriously - the dude thought he was still on the Angels...when he in fact was shown on TV in the KC dugout in game 1.

How these mo fo's (like Steve "Mr Trojan" Mason) have jobs - it's amazing.

So he has this guy on yesterday from Fox Sports One.  He's a talking head type, and apparently hosts something called "America's Pregame Show".  I think his last name is Hill.

I guess Roger Lodge is in the mood to "embrace debate", so these two dunderheads manufacture an MVP argument about Trout vs. Harper.  Hill has "chosen" Harper, and the two spend three minutes in the most inane, manufactured debate you've ever heard about "who should get the MVP".  Neither of these two idiots realize they are in different leagues, and they don't compete for an MVP.

Finally, as I debate whether ramming my car into a concrete barrier may be a better option than listening to these idiots, somebody must have said something into the ear of these geniuses, because all the sudden, they are both talking about "AL MVPs" and "NL MVPs" like there is no tomorrow.  People with hearing loss definitely had the better afternoon than any listener who had to endure that.

Its really, really sad when the people of this message board know more about sports than the host and his guest.

I hate when Steve Czaban goes on vacation - I lose my podcasts, and I make the mistake of venturing to the Angels' flagship.

I only heard part of this interview, but my impression was that the whole point of the part of the conversation you're recapping was that Hill was saying he doesn't know why MLB doesn't do a single MVP like most other professional sports leagues.  Hill and Lodge were both fully aware that there are separate NL and AL MVPs.  That's what led to the Trout vs. Harper debate.  I got out of the car right as it was happening, so I don't know what the resolution of it was.

I think Lodge is a complete bozo, but in this case, unless I totally missed something, I don't think you're characterizing the conversation correctly.

I only heard part of this interview, but my impression was that the whole point of the part of the conversation you're recapping was that Hill was saying he doesn't know why MLB doesn't do a single MVP like most other professional sports leagues.  Hill and Lodge were both fully aware that there are separate NL and AL MVPs.  That's what led to the Trout vs. Harper debate.  I got out of the car right as it was happening, so I don't know what the resolution of it was.

I think Lodge is a complete bozo, but in this case, unless I totally missed something, I don't think you're characterizing the conversation correctly.

You could be very well right.  I came in in the middle of this, while the two were 'debating'.

I stand corrected on the specifics.  Lodge still sucks.