• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Gomez to Angels?

Chuck

The Angels have to fill 3B next year and part of doing that is having a "healthy" competition. Trading Kubitza or Cowart would make us rely on just one option (plus any we might trade for or bring in through other routes). So I don't think either one would be included in a potential Gomez trade.

However this is possible. He'd make a great 2-hole hitter.

Using rudimentary WAR-$$$ calculations Gomez is worth about $28.9MM over the remainder of his contract. This doesn't include the draft compensation an acquiring team would get when they make him a Qualifying Offer at the end of his contract. That probably adds about $10MM in value (compensatory draft round pick) making him worth about $40MM give or take.

Add in the fact that this is a deadline deal and Gomez's value is probably close to $60MM.

Nick Tropeano (~$30MM), Nate Smith (~$15MM-$20MM), C.J. Cron (~$10MM), and Cam Bedrosian (~$15MM-$20MM) seem like the possible basis of a trade package.

Perhaps they do a mega package of Carlos Gomez and Adam Lind for Nick Tropeano, Nate Smith, C.J. Cron, Cam Bedrosian, Greg Mahle, and Jett Bandy?

Maybe its all hogwash? :)

Edited by ettin

I like gomez' talent, but his attitude comes off rather puigish. I know some of you guys like puig, but it sounds like his teammates dont. Thats not rhe end of the world if youre a barry bonds, but looking at puig (who i think his rep is nore than his production), not sure that it evens out

And puig is probably better than gomez. Like ettin says his numbers are down..was he just like a 2 year fire cracker? Not sure the headaches, and cost in prospects would be worth it

Lind and bruce would be awesome though...

They would probably make Trout change his number.

Gomez would demand it as part of the trade.  I've seen many Brewer games as well.  You would think Gomez had numbers like Trout to have the ego he does.  No way Gomez gets along with Mike S., Mike T., or Albert.  This would be a disaster trade imo.

The Angels have to fill 3B next year and part of doing that is having a "healthy" competition. Trading Kubitza or Cowart would make us rely on just one option (plus any we might trade for or bring in through other routes). So I don't think either one would be included in a potential Gomez trade.

However this is possible. He'd make a great 2-hole hitter.

Using rudimentary WAR-$$$ calculations Gomez is worth about $28.9MM over the remainder of his contract. This doesn't include the draft compensation an acquiring team would get when they make him a Qualifying Offer at the end of his contract. That probably adds about $10MM in value (compensatory draft round pick) making him worth about $40MM give or take.

Add in the fact that this is a deadline deal and Gomez's value is probably close to $60MM.

Nick Tropeano (~$30MM), Nate Smith (~$15MM-$20MM), C.J. Cron (~$10MM), and Cam Bedrosian (~$15MM-$20MM) seem like the possible basis of a trade package.

Perhaps they do a mega package of Carlos Gomez and Adam Lind for Nick Tropeano, Nate Smith, C.J. Cron, Cam Bedrosian, Greg Mahle, and Jett Bandy?

Maybe its all hogwash? :)

But aren't his WAR numbers based on him being a CFer, which is a premium position. He would be a LFer here.

Not a fan of this guy.  He's cheap, and on the right side of 30, though. He'll probably never come close to his 2013 season again, but there's a good chance he has better offensive years (than this one) ahead of him.  

As always, it depends on the cost.  For me.  I don't see Arte and Scioscia going that route.  

Well, Victorino was brought in as more of a 4th OF, but he gives the Angels leverage.  If they're unable to swing a deal, he's better than Joyce.  If they can acquire another OF, Victorino looks awfully good as a pinch hitter and pinch runner.  He could even DH. 

I wouldn't put it past the Angels to stand pat after Victorino this deadline.  They'll play him in LF and then in November, they'll decide....

A. To re-up Victorino and slot Kubitza or Cowart at 3B.

B. Trade C.J. wilson for prospects and use the money saved for Cespedes, Parra or Heyward and slot Kubitza or Cowart at 3B.

C. Slot Kubitza in LF and Cowart at 3B.

D. Trade C.J. Wilson for a LF and slot Kubitza/Cowart at 3B. 

I would not trade five players with names I recognize for Carlos Gomez. I would consider those five for Gomez and Braun. That one trade gets rid of ALL of our starting pitching depth. We would be one injury away from Rusinsky starting games down the stretch. Hell we might be one injury away from him starting a playoff game.

I would not trade five players with names I recognize for Carlos Gomez. I would consider those five for Gomez and Braun. That one trade gets rid of ALL of our starting pitching depth. We would be one injury away from Rusinsky starting games down the stretch. Hell we might be one injury away from him starting a playoff game.

It's Rucinski, also know as "Rucie".  It rhymes with Lucy.  God, you guys are bad tonight.

Edited by tomsred