• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Gomez to Angels?

Chuck

Having been to about 20 Brewers games I can tell you that Gomez is amazing.  He can get a little hot at times, I have seen him point his finger and argue with opposing players and coaches more than once.  Still he is an electrifying player, really fun to watch.  He is probably the second most popular player on the team behind Lucroy.

These guys seem to think so

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/139027544/jim-duquettes-5-trade-deadline-suggestions

How about add Lind to the deal and send the following to Milwaukee. 

Chris Ellis or Nate Smith, Kyle Kubitza, C.J. Cron & Trevor Gott

for Carlos Gomez & Adam Lind

My guess is that they'd want a lot more than that package if they're giving up both Gomez and Lind.   This is like a bad fantasy football trade offer: "I'll offer you a bunch of mediocre guys for your one or two really good guys."

EDIT: To clarify, when I say, "they'd want a lot more," I don't mean in terms of quantity.  I mean top-end value (e.g, Newcomb).

Edited by jsnpritchett

Don't see this happening but if it did the better move would be to put him in CF and move Trout to LF. Gomez is better defensively there and the move would help limit the wear and tear on Trout over the next few years

I don't think moving Trout out of CF this season would be a good idea. He's having a great year. No need to rock the boat.

Edited by Ray McKigney

I'd try to avoid dealing Newcomb if I could, though rumor has it Milwaukee had more than one member of their front office in San Bernardino scouting Newcomb just last week. 

If I could, I'd see if Ellis, Way, Cowart and Bedrosian could entice them. 

The big thing that concerns me is that Gomez is only signed through next season.  The Angels are hoping for something more long term than that and I don't blame them.  See if he'd sign a reasonable extension after trading for him and giving him a taste of October in the majors. 

I'd try to avoid dealing Newcomb if I could, though rumor has it Milwaukee had more than one member of their front office in San Bernardino scouting Newcomb just last week. 

If I could, I'd see if Ellis, Way, Cowart and Bedrosian could entice them. 

The big thing that concerns me is that Gomez is only signed through next season.  The Angels are hoping for something more long term than that and I don't blame them.  See if he'd sign a reasonable extension after trading for him and giving him a taste of October in the majors. 

Why in the world would Bo Way have any trade value, even as part of a package?  He's a soon-to-be-24-year-old OF with a .681 OPS in the Cal League, and who apparently can't figure out how to steal a base (11 CS in 26 attempts).

These guys seem to think so

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/139027544/jim-duquettes-5-trade-deadline-suggestions

How about add Lind to the deal and send the following to Milwaukee. 

Chris Ellis or Nate Smith, Kyle Kubitza, C.J. Cron & Trevor Gott

for Carlos Gomez & Adam Lind

Intriguing, but can we trust Salas to pitch the 7th inning and be solid enough through October?