• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joyce probably going to DL

Oz27

According to Mike DiGiovanna on Twitter. Apparently was knocked out for a few seconds, has concussion and is likely going on the 7-day DL.

As much as I don't want to see him playing for us ever again, hope Joyce is alright. That was a little scary.

According to Mike DiGiovanna on Twitter. Apparently was knocked out for a few seconds, has concussion and is likely going on the 7-day DL.

As much as I don't want to see him playing for us ever again, hope Joyce is alright. That was a little scary.

He's been playing all season like he's had a concussion all along........sorry, couldn't help myself.  Hope he's alright.

We are going to get screwed on any deal for a LF because just about anyone who knows how to spell baseball knows we desperately need one.  It'll be like laying down your wallet in a fast food restaurant counter, and announcing to everyone to take what they need, just leave me a straw so I can get a drink out of the puddle of water that's out front.

Has Grant Green landed in Salt Lake yet?  Get his butt on a plane back here, that should put him over the 1,000,000 frequent flyer mile barrier, he'll be going First Class the rest of the year with his points.

Eric Aybar can't always remember how many outs in an inning, but at least he knows the correct outfielder to collide with.

Edited by tomsred

We are going to get screwed on any deal for a LF because just about anyone who knows how to spell baseball knows we desperately need one.  It'll be like laying down your wallet in a fast food restaurant counter, and announcing to everyone to take what they need, just leave me a straw so I can get a drink out of the puddle of water that's out front.

Has Grant Green landed in Salt Lake yet?  Get his butt on a plane back here, that should put him over the 1,000,000 frequent flyer mile barrier, he'll be going First Class the rest of the year with his points.

Eric Aybar can't always remember how many outs in an inning, but at least he knows the correct outfielder to collide with.

I think it would take a lot more flights between SLC & SNA to log a million miles. That flight is only about 400-500 miles or so.

He's probably got another 10 flights to go.

Robertson is 8 for his last 21 ABs (.381 avg)

Which is why it's so frustrating to see Scioscia keep running Joyce out there...he's probably never going to be an every day player but Robertson has earned playing time over Joyce....I hope Joyce is ok but Robertson (unless there is a trade) has earned a chance....Joyce ought to be out of chances...his track record earned him some slack but not when he's in a season long slump into August....we'll see...

Edited by DMVol

Why would you call up someone who has no chance of being actually used in a game?

Bring up Navarro.

I've always had a nightmare that FUBAR would do this exact thing to Trout...Too bad for Joyce...but this gives the team an out. If Robertson can just continue to hit...that'll force The Mad Genius' hand not to play @sweetswingin20

Not surprising he suffered a concussion. Had those stiff arms when he was laying there for a bit so I figured he was knocked cold. We already have accessed his play this season but you never like to see an injury.

i didn't see the game, but depending on what his body was doing, the stiff arm thing you're talking about is either "fencing" or "tonic posturing". in both cases, he's certain to have a measurable brain injury. that is always a scary thing.

edit: i just watched the lowlight. joyce didn't do either one actually. he was just hurt on the ground. that's a good thing to see.

Edited by ukyah

Now I'm wondering if Aybar called him off. He had several run ins with Trout, almost colliding. Robertson didn't have that problem. Neither did The other guy they had with the name I can't spell. And he was here only a couple of weeks.