• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

casey stern on mlb radio

stern and jim bowden ( ex cincy and washington gm) have a radio talk show on xm  mlb channel. anyway, the other day stern made a statement referring to orange county "as not a baseball town" and elaborated that the fans show up in about the third inning and leave by the sixth. also stated that " the laid back, blaze` attitude of the fans rubs off on the team".

team sure looks laid back in the early going!

what do you guys think of stern's comments?

Absolutely true. The A's fans aren't many, but they cheer their team on the whole game, losing or winning. I go to a lot of A's games, and some Angels games. The difference in fan enthusiasm is striking. I'm an Angels fan, but Arte is more into making the stadium into a family-oriented experience instead of a baseball experience. Nothing wrong with that unless you want to go to a baseball game and be into the game.

Absolutely true. The A's fans aren't many, but they cheer their team on the whole game, losing or winning. I go to a lot of A's games, and some Angels games. The difference in fan enthusiasm is striking. I'm an Angels fan, but Arte is more into making the stadium into a family-oriented experience instead of a baseball experience. Nothing wrong with that unless you want to go to a baseball game and be into the game.

Is this a new thing in OAK?  Because I can tell you I spent the weekend there in 2004 when the division came down to the last weekend. Angel fans took over their excuse for a stadium and it didn't look like they even cared.

Well, if the Angels were playing better on the road than at home, he might have a point. But since they suck regardless of where they play, I really doubt it's the fans rubbing off on them. Also, since Pujols and Hamilton have both started out slowly when arriving to Anaheim with little exposure to the fans. I don't think that's the problem. 

You don't have one of the highest payrolls in baseball to have a family experience. This isn't the Disney years.

I'm pretty die-hard as far as Angels fans go, but why waste your time with a shitty on-field product when there's so many other things to do in the area?  I left in the 8th when we were at the first game of the Astros series and went over to Noble Aleworks and had a much better time than I would have watching Josh sprint to third on a one out foul pop-fly.  I don't feel obligated to stay when I'm bored or pissed off consistently from the same bone-head plays or poor at bats.  If that makes me a bad fan, then oh well.

I'm pretty die-hard as far as Angels fans go, but why waste your time with a shitty on-field product when there's so many other things to do in the area?  I left in the 8th when we were at the first game of the Astros series and went over to Noble Aleworks and had a much better time than I would have watching Josh sprint to third on a one out foul pop-fly.  I don't feel obligated to stay when I'm bored or pissed off consistently from the same bone-head plays or poor at bats.  If that makes me a bad fan, then oh well.

Lots of people left early Saturday when they were losing and missed the walk-off.