• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Wouldn't Expect Boos In St. Louis

JoJo26

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angels-rangers-20150725-story.html

Stupid - Stupid article by Bill Shaikin. Of course Card fans wouldn't boo Albert. That dude came through in the playoffs...unlike Hamilton.

Albert gets genuinely angry when he doesn't come though in the clutch...unlike Mr. Smiley Josh Hamilton.

Card Fan don't boo passion...

Angel Fan will boo passive I.D.G.A.S attitudes....

Seriously, look at last week.  Torii had a very positive reception on his return. 

It's not _that_ you left, it's _how_ you left, and how you treated people while you were there and when you left.

Pujols never disrespected St Louis.  He left for a bigger pay day, but when he left he still didn't disrespect them.

Torii never disrespected anywhere he's been.  He's a dude with a big heart and passion.  Great guy.  

Hamilton leaves scorched earth behind him.  When he left Arlington he took shots at them.  When he left here he took shots at us.  Those who suffer from cranial-rectal inversions usually get whats coming in the end.

I'd love to go to a game in St. Louis. My understanding is they have a great fan base that pays attention to the game, they are not pricks to other teams fans, and they appreciate their players and understand the game. Sounds good to me. Who knows it could be just like the assumption we have of Boston fans based on the ones we see at Angel Stadium.

Remember when Albert first came to Anaheim...and the team attempted to have billboards like this:

Albert-Pujols-El-Hombre-Billboard.jpg

Albert said that ONLY Stan Musial was "The Man"...so what happened next?

BIG-A.jpg

Albert gets it...St. Louie is a great baseball town...because that's all they got.

The Rams are transplants - no NBA - the Blues choke every year - and the only college are nicknamed The Billikens. Who want to root for this?

00220721_H31270587.jpg

Seeing those Angels billboards in LA is pretty sad. What a waste of marketing dollars.

Why? Besides the fact that it's a Dodgers town. It came at a time when the Dodgers were under the worst ownership in baseball. Arte knew he wasn't going to over take the Dodgers in LA, but it's entirely possible he could gain a larger fan base than he had at the time.

I'd love to go to a game in St. Louis. My understanding is they have a great fan base that pays attention to the game, they are not pricks to other teams fans, and they appreciate their players and understand the game. Sounds good to me. Who knows it could be just like the assumption we have of Boston fans based on the ones we see at Angel Stadium.

I have a high school buddy who moved to St. L. during our junior year. He still lives there. We plan to do a Cards game when I can make a trip there. Sounds like a great time.

If Trout leaves after his current contract because some team offers him double the money and double the years of the Angels' best offer, who could blame him for leaving? I think by now Cardinals fans feel the same about Albert..

Why? Besides the fact that it's a Dodgers town. It came at a time when the Dodgers were under the worst ownership in baseball. Arte knew he wasn't going to over take the Dodgers in LA, but it's entirely possible he could gain a larger fan base than he had at the time.

Oh bot im not sure I want to derail this thread.

But lets just say I disagree. Im under the impression people in LA dont give two craps about the Angels. Ive come across a lot of people who are from LA and grew up there, each and every one say they are a Dodgers fan and hate the Angels.

Oh bot im not sure I want to derail this thread.

But lets just say I disagree. Im under the impression people in LA dont give two craps about the Angels. Ive come across a lot of people who are from LA and grew up there, each and every one say they are a Dodgers fan and hate the Angels.

That be like saying not a single person in OC likes the Dodgers. You aren't going to attract die hard fans, you have to attract fringe fans and turn them into hard core fans.

If Trout leaves after his current contract because some team offers him double the money and double the years of the Angels' best offer, who could blame him for leaving? I think by now Cardinals fans feel the same about Albert..

The Cardinals best offer was 10/210. It was the initial 5 year offer they felt disrespected by and to not give any consideration to the Cardinals final offer.

Depends on what age Trout is.

Albert was what? 32? 33? The Cards didn't want him around at that age.

Angels let Garret Anderson walk at the right time...same with Vladdy.

We booed Benedict Lackey - mostly because he went to Boston - but Weaver took the hometown discount...and that's loyalty.

The Cardinals best offer was 10/210. It was the initial 5 year offer they felt disrespected by and to not give any consideration to the Cardinals final offer.

If the Cardinals had really wanted to keep him, they would have made him a 10 year offer similar to that at least a season before he ever hit free agency and he would still be a Cardinal. They made a business decision based on his age and future productivity. He obviously felt they should have made their decision based on what he had done for the franchise and the city. Making a last second offer that they knew he was not going to accept was a face saving move with the fans, not a serious offer.

Every team has dumbass fans but

https://twitter.com/bestfansstlouis

Look at those faggot ass baby blue uniforms with that gay kc on it

After this game, I Just want to remind @McCulloughStar that he looks like a lesbian, and his team sucks. Go Cards. #STLCards

Our van (that has a KC sticker) was keyed in the parking garage in STL.

Yep, best fans in the sport.

St. Louis fans are great baseball fans. Albert had it right but sort of wish that he would have said St. Louis fans are amongst the best in baseball, not THE BEST.

But, it's hard to complain when he's right.

Cardinals fans felt (rightfully) that Pujols should have remained a Cardinal for life and hit the milestone numbers (No. 500 and upcoming No. 600) in a Cardinals uniform.  St. Louis adores its players and loved Albert -- they were seriously disappointed when Albert left for the Angels..........however, the Cardinals pretty much made their decision about Albert when they signed Holliday to that huge contract the year before Albert's contract was up.........there was no way, the notoriously (somewhat) cheap St. Louis front office was going to be able to give Holliday all that money AND extend Albert and then have some payroll space left for starting pitching.

I agree with the prior post that the second St. Louis 'we'll UP our offer to match the Angels (which it didn't)" was a face saving move by the front office -- more to placate the fans and keep them off the front office tails and designed to do what it did -- get the fans upset with Albert and not the front office.

Ironically, the signing paid off for both teams -- the Cardinals went on to get Wacha and another very good pick with the draft picks they got from the Angels -- and they were able to sign and keep other players and really didn't miss a beat with Albert gone.

Albert got off to a slow start with the Halos (but folks seem to forget that Pujols still put up decent numbers despite the slow start -- the numbers were OK but came in the second half that year after the Halos were pretty much out of it) -- but his signing, to this date, marked an important acquisition/ free agent signing by Arte Moreno's ownership team.

Of course, Albert now with Trout hitting before him sees all sorts of good pitches and is back to putting up his St. Louis day type numbers.......Trout at 30 and Pujols at 29 HRs each are on track to hit 40 to 45 HRs this year........the old M and M boys have nothing on them..........(Mantle and Maris for the youngsters in the crowd).