• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ranking Tarantno films

Well, since I like making lists....

1.  Pulp Fiction - His masterpiece.  One of the most influential films made in the last 20 years.  It defied genres, changed the landscape of filmaking, and inspired countless imitators.  Do I really need to go into why this is #1?

1B.  Reservoir Dogs - It pains me to put this second so I'm listing it 1B.  I love Reservoir Dogs.  I still very vividly remember my first viewing of Reservoir Dogs and when THAT SCENE comes on... holy ish. 

3. Jackie Brown - Most Tarantino films seem there are from some alternate universe where planes have holders for swords and souls are kept in briefcases.  Jackie Brown is much more grounded in reality and at the same time I think it is his best technically crafted work.  Everything comes together and it just works for me.

4. Kill Bill - His most fun film.  I'm a big fan of old Samurai films and I have to say Tarantino hit some good notes with Kill Bill. 

5. Django Unchained - Sometimes Tarantino needs to be protected from himself.  Django can be brilliant in moments, but then Tarantino shoots himself in the foot with scenes that just don't belong in the same movie together.  I wished I loved it, but I don't.

6. Death Proof -  Some people hate it, I don't.  Death Proof (like Django) just needed a better edit job.  Someone needed to take the film out of Tarantino's hands and told him you need to cut these scenes to make this movie watchable.  It is a shame really because Kurt Russell was fantastic as Stuntman Mike.

7. Inglourious Basterds - Saw it once, did not care to see it again.  Meh. 

Not a huge Tarantino fan, but I do enjoy all his films for the most part, except one.

I would say:

Reservoir Dogs

Django Unchained

Pulp Fiction

Inglourious Basterds

Jackie Brown

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2

Death Proof

I did recently pick up the Tarantino XX Blu-Ray set as well Django yesterday, so I might give everything another shot and see where they'd rank fresh in my mind.

Haven't seen Django yet and never made it through Death Proof.

Reservoir Dogs gets better with age. Inglorious Basterds was an OK movie, but a lot better the second time around.

Pulp

Dogs

Inglorious

Jackie

Kill

I'll see where Django fits when it hits Red Box.

He is far from the worst, he's solid. I'm usually more anti-Tarantino than most though I still like his stuff, but he's definitely not terrible. I enjoy his taste in films probably more than his actual films and he wouldn't be among my favorite 25 directors or anything either, but his films are ultimately enjoyable and easy to watch.