• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colin Cowherd claims baseball is not complex; even Dominicans can understand it.

Richard

Talking on his national radio show, which is simulcast on ESPNU, Cowherd was making a point about whether a general manager had the capability of stepping down from the executive office and adeptly handling managerial duties, as the Miami Marlins' Dan Jennings has been asked to do this season.

"It's baseball," Cowherd said. "You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic."

Talking on his national radio show, which is simulcast on ESPNU, Cowherd was making a point about whether a general manager had the capability of stepping down from the executive office and adeptly handling managerial duties, as the Miami Marlins' Dan Jennings has been asked to do this season.

"It's baseball," Cowherd said. "You don't think a general manager can manage? Like it's impossible? The game is too complex? I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic."

If he said they were rapists and drug dealers too he'd win the Republican nomination. Zing!

I love when he tries to be a pseudo-psychologist

I love when he tries to act like a deep thinker who has come up with something that no other sports fan has ever thought of.

I suppose that if I had a research staff who immediately fed me all the correct answers every time I had a caller on the line, I could appear knowledgeable too.

EDIT: My Colin Cowherd impression-

"Oh shit, I haven't talked about how much I love Kobe for almost 5 minutes. Better talk about Kobe."

Cowherd's show comes on just as I arrive at work, so I normally don't hear him unless I'm running late. One of the more recent times I heard him he was gushing endlessly about what a "valuable brand" the Lakers are, and how the Clippers just can't compete,

Cowherd's show comes on just as I arrive at work, so I normally don't hear him unless I'm running late. One of the more recent times I heard him he was gushing endlessly about what a "valuable brand" the Lakers are, and how the Clippers just can't compete,

For a time in HS, I'd listen to him while I drove to school for 20 minutes or so. 

It didn't last when I realized he'd talk about the Lakers for 15 of those minutes every other day in the dead off-season. 

I heard this on his show today.  He replayed his comments in order to defend them.  He, of course, compared baseball to football, believing football to much more complex. 

It may well be.  Though I have a hard time believing that considering the success of the University of Miami, FSU, etc.