• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Planet Kepler-186f

1400 light years away.  Soooooooooo we wont ever really know anything else about it lol.

We'll never go there to see if it's really like Earth. At top current speeds of 40,000 miles/hour, it would take 24 million years for a spacecraft to get there.

Someone has to figure out a way to go faster than light. Much faster, in fact, or we'll never be exploring the larger universe.

i remember reading a couple of years ago about a giant new telescope they were trying to build called the "terrestrial planet finder" that would be magnitudes more powerful than hubble, and be able to take actual HD images of exoplanets. the project fell through though, i think because it was impossible to fund. 

Searching for ET: Hawking to look for extraterrestrial life

We'll never go there to see if it's really like Earth. At top current speeds of 40,000 miles/hour, it would take 24 million years for a spacecraft to get there.

Someone has to figure out a way to go faster than light. Much faster, in fact, or we'll never be exploring the larger universe.

We already know how, just don't know how to generate the amount of 'negative' energy it would require.  Of course WE will never know, but I believe it'll eventually become reality, although it may take another 100 to few hundred years or so.

Warp speed ahead:

you ignorant slut! Worm holes and warp speed will lead us to the promise land! Now, once it becomes common practice it'll still take decades to get places. Traffic will make the 405 look like a cake walk.

First Earth-Size Planet In The 'Habitable Zone' of Another Star

I wonder if their Middle East is as screwed up as ours? Might be worth checking out depending on real estate values.

https://www.nasa.gov/ames/kepler/nasas-kepler-discovers-first-earth-size-planet-in-the-habitable-zone-of-another-star

I think Kepler-186f could use a little freedom! 

911-eagle-sharpening-claws.jpg

(It's Nate's joke, but it never gets old.)

We already know how, just don't know how to generate the amount of 'negative' energy it would require.  Of course WE will never know, but I believe it'll eventually become reality, although it may take another 100 to few hundred years or so.

Warp speed ahead:

Politicians in DC...and Donald Trump...are working on solutions to the negative energy problem.

Hey, let's send Trump there. No rapist Mexicans or non-war hero former POWs there, I bet.

I almost don't understand the reason that so much research goes into stuff like this. Just because we're curious? 

I mean, not to sound anti-science because I think i'm anything but...but what's the point if we can't do anything but look at it? Pour resources into finding out how to get there.

I almost don't understand the reason that so much research goes into stuff like this. Just because we're curious? 

I mean, not to sound anti-science because I think i'm anything but...but what's the point if we can't do anything but look at it? Pour resources into finding out how to get there.

Well, don't we have to find the there to get to first?

I think we need to do everything we can to find another planet to screw up, cuz we're almost done with this one.