• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Rays are 4-9

Blarg

How are posts like yours allowed as a poster?  Eric makes some great points, and we are talking about Maddon's performance this year.  It's a baseball subject, and it's always good to learn from the good and bad of other baseball situations.

Both Maddon and Scioscia are extremely hands on, control types of managers.  They are very similar in many ways, but Joe takes it to a much deeper level.  At times his cute little games and tricks backfire, don't you think?

I you think the mod was being serious, and actually making good points, then I think you missed the entire point his thread. 

This is the one of the worst threads of the year, especially embarrassing from a mod on this site. 

The Rays have constantly overachieved for years and made the playoffs recently.  Their payroll is miniscule compared to ours.

The Angels have constantly underachieved for years and not made the playoffs recently.  Our payroll is massive.

There's a reason it's legit to call for one Manager to be fired and not the other.

How are posts like yours allowed as a poster?  Eric makes some great points, and we are talking about Maddon's performance this year.  It's a baseball subject, and it's always good to learn from the good and bad of other baseball situations.

Both Maddon and Scioscia are extremely hands on, control types of managers.  They are very similar in many ways, but Joe takes it to a much deeper level.  At times his cute little games and tricks backfire, don't you think?

I honestly can't tell if you are serious.

• 3 months later...

Maybe Maddon needs to go, too, if he can't get his team to perform. Maybe we can swap MS for him and both teams will benefit.

Maddon would drive this board crazy. If you can't understand Scioscia's moves you would never understand Maddon's.

I don't know what's more disappointing. An idiotic thread like this coming from a moderator, or the fact that he keeps trolling it like a 12 year old girl.

I am disappointed it took you over 3 months to respond to the OP.

The Rays have a far superior pitching staff than the Angels so for that reason underperforming is unacceptable and the sole responsibility of Joe Maddon.

He should be fired, after all they failed to make the playoffs last season and can't afford to continue losing like this. I am sure we are all in agreement.

I forgot when this site changed to Rays win but alright then. Mike and his GM are terrible fire them both and get new blood in here preferably ones that have a game plan for the future not just oh shiny old toy lets buy that.

Difference being that the Rays have been a better franchise since 2010 on less than half of the Halos payroll.

I see the point you are making Eric, but the situations surrounding the 2 teams are totally different.

I have never liked the logic of blaming the manager for under performing on basis that the payroll is large.  All  your point proves is that the Angels GM (not manager) made some poor payroll decisions.  

The Angels have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, but anyone with a clue can tell you their pitching staff isn't good enough to win.  That isn't Scioscia's fault. That is either Dipoto or Reagins fault.

Lol at this thread.

Classic Blarg.

Also, with a much worse roster, Cleveland is 54-48.  They of course have a much better manager in Terry Francona.

I really wanted Francona, great manager. Cleveland was my sleeper this year.