• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

Brandon, I'm in.

I think that is the formula to get some of the male audience to tune into something new.  Season 1 of Game of Thrones as one example.  The Tudors as another.  The Tudors especially had a fair amount of sex and nudity in the first season.  Really tapered off to nearly nonexistent as they established their viewers and an interesting storyline.  I'm not saying that I need that per se as I've loved The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc. that have had no sex/nudity.  I'm just saying it don't hurt!

Brandon, I'm in.

I think that is the formula to get some of the male audience to tune into something new. Season 1 of Game of Thrones as one example. The Tudors as another. The Tudors especially had a fair amount of sex and nudity in the first season. Really tapered off to nearly nonexistent as they established their viewers and an interesting storyline. I'm not saying that I need that per se as I've loved The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc. that have had no sex/nudity. I'm just saying it don't hurt!

The Wire definitely had some nudity. It just wasn't the typical hot 22 year old chick nudity.

I thought this past episode was pretty good.  Probably one of the two most interesting along with the shootout episode.

****Warning:  Sexist thought incoming*****

One of the larger strengths that season 1 killed season 2 with was the sprinkling of smoking hot, naked actresses into the mix (Alexandra Daddario).  I would've bet my house that Franks wife would be seen naked as she has a nice rack and has that smoldery/sleepy look I've come to enjoy.  I would've enjoyed more of that.

I was definitely counting on seeing Frank's wife's cans.  Makes me sad.  Down there.

I thought it was alright.

Everyone that doesn't like it or the poor articles seem to always allude to comparisons of the first season...which is beyond me as a whole since it's an anthology series where every season is different.

I can see how it was convoluted and the path they took seemed to winding of a road.

It just ended with the whole boat load of coincidences thing that really kinda annoyed me.

The two kids are the ones that killed Caspere.  Vince Vaughan was already going to be ****ed by the Mayor's kid and his people.  Etc.  Plus the ending was really predictable.

The whole series was poor.  The reason why it is compared with the first season is that the first season was spectacular.  The acting was better, the directing and story was better.  This season intentionally confused people just to come to a wild finish.

The last confrontation with the mayors son, Vaughn's character should have headed Aristotle's advice: in difficult times wise men say nothing. They were jacking his car and leaving him to walk, just stfu and walk.

By the way the location is outside Victorville in an area we often go to shoot. Popular for dirt bikes as well.

A long time ago me and friend watched from an outcropping, in an area not far from there, a helicopter drop in to make an exchange with some guys in a black Lincoln. It seemed like forever hiking back to the truck and longer still driving out of there with our guns on the seat ready for any Lincoln pulling up alongside.

You are being followed by a van of murderous commando types...do you

1) drive to the most secluded place you can find, to the end of a cul-de-sac, and then run off to the middle of nowhere with no possible route of escape or

2) anything else

3) Call the news and go on a 35 mph chase?

They were asking for the clothes off of his back, he knew they were going to kill him.

He resisted because the diamonds were in his pocket. But they had already concluded business when he asked for the ride. Just stfu and walk. Edited by notti