• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I hope people realize what they are witnessing

With the trainers and medical staff currently available, the ability to fly to games, the data and video available on opposing pitchers, and the incredibly short porch at the new Yankees Stadium, and who knows, Ruth's numbers could be even better.

Let Ruth hit during the steroid era and may have averaged 70 HRs a year.

I believe old Yankees stadium was much more favorable to Ruth than todays' would be.

Babe Ruth's numbers should have an asterisk next to them.  Absolutely no way he could replicate Trout's numbers in this day and age.

Babe Ruth had one of the largest effective hitting zones in baseball history, and enormous power when he connected. Many of his home runs were in excess of 450 feet. The only question is could he get around on the 95+ mph fastballs hurled today.

Pujols currently has an OPS 100 points below what he did for us in 2012, but is considered 5% more productive compared to league avg than in 2012. Comparing raw slash lines vs 3 years is asinine, let alone from many decades ago. Different eras produce different baseline results for a variety of reasons. Trout's current results using slash lines alone would've been "pretty darn good" instead of "ridiculous" in the early 2000's. His slash lone this year is almost identical to Glaus' 2000 season. Trout and Glaus are not exactly on the same level.

Question for the guys on here who are good at doing research. As much as i like reading how good he is, im hesitant to go overboard on how much i gush. I guess id just like to see him keep it up a few more years before he truly is in an argument with the sacred cows like mantle, mays etc.

But how does trouts start of bis career compare to some of the legends. Better, same, worse? It would be interesting to compare in both regular stats and advanced

BBRef has similarity scores on each players' page.

Trouts top ten through age 22:

1. Mickey Mantle (941) *
  2. Frank Robinson (935) *
  3. Hank Aaron (923) *
  4. Ken Griffey (922)
  5. Miguel Cabrera (918)
  6. Al Kaline (914) *
  7. Vada Pinson (914)
  8. Cesar Cedeno (911)
  9. Tony Conigliaro (911)
  10. Orlando Cepeda (910) *

You can check out the actual stats here http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/scomp_bat.cgi?I=troutmi01:Mike%20Trout&st=age&compage=22&age=22

Man -- his OPS+ and WAR completely blow away his most similar comps.