• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I hope people realize what they are witnessing

"I try to play the game the right way ... do it for the fans" He's been schooled pretty good ... sounds a lot like MS canned answers to the press (one game at time and the ball looks good out of the pitchers hand ... etc).

Come on Mike mix it up a bit ... nice walk off!

"I try to play the game the right way ... do it for the fans" He's been schooled pretty good ... sounds a lot like MS canned answers to the press (one game at time and the ball looks good out of the pitchers hand ... etc).

Come on Mike mix it up a bit ... nice walk off!

In an on the field postgame interview Trout once promised that the Angels would make the playoffs (I was at that game). The Angels failed to make the playoffs. Ever since then you're right, he's been going full Scioscia. 

For a while there pitchers were giving Trout nothing but borderline high inside corner fastballs, which Trout usually took for strikes. I don't recall him ever really adjusting to that but pitchers seemed to have stopped that approach. Not sure why.

High inside fastball is one of the hardest pitches in baseball to pinpoint for a strike. And most pitchers arent comfortable really attacking the upper part of the strike zone. The fact that Trout crushes low pitches makes me believe he will be insanely good for the next 12 years at least.

Wonder if he will post his first 1.0 ops season this year.

Never take him for granted.

I was very disappointed with the crowd last night when Mike came up to bat in the first inning.  Thought for sure he would get a standing "O" for getting the Al Star MVP. Nope, just a normal response. Angel Fans just don't know how to be "real fans" of the game.

I was very disappointed with the crowd last night when Mike came up to bat in the first inning. Thought for sure he would get a standing "O" for getting the Al Star MVP. Nope, just a normal response. Angel Fans just don't know how to be "real fans" of the game.

Super fans like you crack me up. Be quiet and just enjoy the game.

Question for the guys on here who are good at doing research. As much as i like reading how good he is, im hesitant to go overboard on how much i gush. I guess id just like to see him keep it up a few more years before he truly is in an argument with the sacred cows like mantle, mays etc.

But how does trouts start of bis career compare to some of the legends. Better, same, worse? It would be interesting to compare in both regular stats and advanced

Eddie Bane FTW. Drafted Trout, Richards, Skaggs, Corbin, Grichuk, David Carpenter in 2009.

The Baneball draft.

He also had five first round draft picks in 2010 and the best of those five players was Cam Bedrosian.

Before everyone gets too excited and proclaims Trout the greatest player ever, here's what Babe Ruth did in his age 23-26 seasons:

.349/.487/.747

OPS+ of 231

Over those four years he averaged (per 162 games) 153 runs, 48 HR, and 149 RBI.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ruthba01.shtml#1918-1921-sum:batting_standard

Edited by fan_since79

Before everyone gets too excited and proclaims Trout the greatest player ever, here's what Babe Ruth did in his age 23-26 seasons:

.349/.487/.747

OPS+ of 231

Over those four years he averaged (per 162 games) 153 runs, 48 HR, and 149 RBI.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ruthba01.shtml#1918-1921-sum:batting_standard

Babe Ruth's numbers should have an asterisk next to them.  Absolutely no way he could replicate Trout's numbers in this day and age.

Babe Ruth's numbers should have an asterisk next to them. Absolutely no way he could replicate Trout's numbers in this day and age.

I'm sure the asterisk comment is hyperbole or at least I hope it is. Of course eras are different. There were fewer teams on one hand but then no minorities playing on the other in MLB in the 1920's. But a pretty good rule of thumb if you want to take a crack at it is to compare players to their contemporaries. For example, if you individually out homer every other team in the league like Ruth did in 1927, that's an excellent measuring stick of greatness.

Edited by LAA Road Tripper

I'm sure the asterisk comment is hyperbole or at least I hope it is. Of course eras are different. There were fewer teams on one hand but then no minorities playing on the other in MLB in the 1920's. But a pretty good rule of thumb if you want to take a crack at it is to compare players to their contemporaries. For example, if you individually out homer every other team in the league like Ruth did in 1927, that's an excellent measuring stick of greatness.

Well yeah he was playing against cavemen who couldnt throw that fast.

Babe Ruth's numbers should have an asterisk next to them. Absolutely no way he could replicate Trout's numbers in this day and age.

With the trainers and medical staff currently available, the ability to fly to games, the data and video available on opposing pitchers, and the incredibly short porch at the new Yankees Stadium, and who knows, Ruth's numbers could be even better.

Let Ruth hit during the steroid era and may have averaged 70 HRs a year.