• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will trout ever leave?

SOTO, here are the answers to your questions.

Q: Will the Sun ever burn out?

A: Yes, as it nears full consumation of the hydrogen fuel there will be a gigantic flare up or explosion and approximately eight minutes later it will be a very bad day on earth. You won't get to see it shrink into a white dwarf as it completely shuts down. Their will be no more baseball games for sure.

Q: If Jesus were alive today would his email be gmail, yahoo, or aol.com?

A: Easy one, it would be gmail (stands for God Mail).

Q: Will we ever know if life exists in Pluto's icy mountains?

A: Not material, chances are very high that it exists somewhere, and in some form we might not be familiar with. Since Pluto is a dwarf planet, MLB won't be interested in drafting dwarfs anytime soon.

Q: Why isn't there a ? at the end of this thread's title.

A: Better look again, there is one.

Q: Did I leave the iron on?

A: Better hope not, Southern California Edison will fry your bank account with the next invoice.

Q: Will Mike Trout ever leave?

A: God willing we won't get that email until after the sun burn's out, the dwarfs leaves Pluto, you discover the "?", and you find a way to pay your Edison billing.

wd90.jpg

👍👍👍

If the Angels do not win a world series within the next 6 years, Trout will leave to the Yankees who will pay him a half a billion dollars

Are the Yanks still a lock for a ring the way they used to be? I don't think at this point I'd move to NY for the big bucks just to bet on that.

If you can make the big bucks in Southern California with the same chances of getting a ring, why leave?

With Pooie we got a good amount of time with both of them, and hell as far as I'm concerned, we have as good as shot as any team right now.

Gotta be honest, if I were Trout and my contract ran out and I didn't get a ring yet, and Arte still owned the team and was willing to pay (which I think we all agree he will be the highest bidder on Trout), I'm not sure I'd give a crap about moving somewhere else with the off chance I'd get a ring. Southern California, Orange County, playing baseball, doing his thing, with the ocean breeze and sun out every day...I'd be an Angel lifer without question. It's a great place to play baseball, and why would you ever want to go anywhere else?

Are the Yanks still a lock for a ring the way they used to be? I don't think at this point I'd move to NY for the big bucks just to bet on that.

If you can make the big bucks in Southern California with the same chances of getting a ring, why leave?

With Pooie we got a good amount of time with both of them, and hell as far as I'm concerned, we have as good as shot as any team right now.

Gotta be honest, if I were Trout and my contract ran out and I didn't get a ring yet, and Arte still owned the team and was willing to pay (which I think we all agree he will be the highest bidder on Trout), I'm not sure I'd give a crap about moving somewhere else with the off chance I'd get a ring. Southern California, Orange County, playing baseball, doing his thing, with the ocean breeze and sun out every day...I'd be an Angel lifer without question. It's a great place to play baseball, and why would you ever want to go anywhere else?

I completely agree with you.  But at the same time, Trout is a New Jersey native.  Im sure playing for the Angels is amazing for him, but he grew up idolizing Derek Jeter.  If the Angels arent able to successfully build around him for the next 6 years, I dont see any reason why he would stay.  

I also doubt Arte would commit a half a billion to Trout.  Thats something that I could see the Yankees doing.

I completely agree with you.  But at the same time, Trout is a New Jersey native.  Im sure playing for the Angels is amazing for him, but he grew up idolizing Derek Jeter.  If the Angels arent able to successfully build around him for the next 6 years, I dont see any reason why he would stay.  

I also doubt Arte would commit a half a billion to Trout.  Thats something that I could see the Yankees doing.

The regional sports network bubble will collapse before any baseball players get $0.5B contracts, and there is no way direct subscriptions to services like non blacked out versions of MLB.tv will bring in even close to the current amounts of revenue. Local governments are also becoming increasingly stingy when it comes to subsidizing stadiums, so a larger percentage of income from tickets will go to paying down debt from stadium maintenance projects. I doubt this high level of spending on free agent players lasts for more than the next 5 years. 

Edited by ScottLux

You know the funny thing....

In about 12 years, when Trout is being paid $50 million a year by the Yankees and he's hitting .270 with 16 homers, fans are probably going to hate him and bitch and complain all the time.

.....and wonder why a stupid owner would give him such a large contract for so many years, followed by an argument between the GM and the manager on how to use him, which in turn results into a resignation.tumblr-stripedlily19_zpsdf0b7ec5.gif

Edited by tomsred

Also if he idolized Jeter then wouldn't he idolize the part of Jeter that played for one team and became this generations legend for that one team?

Thats true but the Yankees always built around Jeter and put great talent around him. With Dipoto gone, I think our likelihood of doing that is worse. But I am hoping within the next 6 years we can put together a World Series team. Because its obvious thats all Trout wants and its all he needs for his legacy. Once he gets a ring he can really start going after the all time greats.