• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will trout ever leave?

We get it. You are a huge dick. Thanks for making a first time poster feel shitty. I'll deactivate now.

Woah down there cowboy, don't be punching your ticket just yet.

Now that Soto is usually a pretty good guy when you aren't stepping on his dick about Hamilton getting the treatment he deserves, or Arte meddling, or Scioscia being a megalomaniac....

Never mind, he's a huge dick.

But welcome to the site.

I don't think any player in this economic climate of baseball is going to complete their entire career with one team, too many factors involved. One is longevity coupled with cost. You can only pay a guy so much before he hits the salary ceiling and then what do you do with legacy players?

Jeter held the Yankees up knowing they couldn't let the franchise face walk even though he had outlasted his usefulness as a shortstop. The Angels are not quite in the same position as the Yankees, they don't have the same demanding fanbase or those silly statues of Hall of Famers that remind everyone about the Yankee tradition and so forth.

So eventually Trout will probably move on. Hopefully not until the sunset of his career if he does. I'd like to see him play out his tenure like Tim Salmon did (**** Jeter) and get his name and number on the wall while also entering the Hall of Fame with and Angels cap but I'm doubting all of that will happen.

Edited by notti

So eventually Trout will probably move on. Hopefully not until the sunset of his career if he does. I'd like to see him play out his tenure like Tim Salmon did (**** Jeter) and get his name and number on the wall while also entering the Hall of Fame with and Angels cap but I'm doubting all of that will happen.

Fortunately nowadays the choice of which cap a player will wear when inducted into the Hall of Fame has been taken out of the players' hands. That prevents players from going into the hall representing a team where they played comparatively poorly for a few years at the tail end if their career like what happened with Nolan Ryan. 

Edited by ScottLux

I don't think any player in this economic climate of baseball is going to complete their entire career with one team, too many factors involved. One is longevity coupled with cost. You can only pay a guy so much before he hits the salary ceiling and then what do you do with legacy players?

Jeter held the Yankees up knowing they couldn't let the franchise face walk even though he had outlasted his usefulness as a shortstop. The Angels are not quite in the same position as the Yankees, they don't have the same demanding fanbase or those silly statues of Hall of Famers that remind everyone about the Yankee tradition and so forth.

What's crazy is that at current pace, Trout will have a locked in hall of fame resume after 2 more seasons. Kind of absurd. And I love it.

What's crazy is that at current pace, Trout will have a locked in hall of fame resume after 2 more seasons. Kind of absurd. And I love it.

At his current pace Trout will be #1 in Angels franchise history in career offensive WAR before the end of his fourth full season. He'll lead the franchise in overall WAR by the all star break of his fifth season. 

Edited by ScottLux

SOTO, here are the answers to your questions.

Q:  Will the Sun ever burn out?

A:  Yes, as it nears full consumation of the hydrogen fuel there will be a gigantic flare up or explosion and approximately eight minutes later it will be a very bad day on earth.  You won't get to see it shrink into a white dwarf as it completely shuts down.  Their will be no more baseball games for sure.

Q:  If Jesus were alive today would his email be gmail, yahoo, or aol.com? 

A:  Easy one, it would be gmail (stands for God Mail).

Q: Will we ever know if life exists in Pluto's icy mountains?

A: Not material, chances are very high that it exists somewhere, and in some form we might not be familiar with.  Since Pluto is a dwarf planet, MLB won't be interested in drafting dwarfs anytime soon.

Q: Why isn't there a ? at the end of this thread's title.

A:  Better look again, there is one.

Q: Did I leave the iron on?

A: Better hope not, Southern California Edison will fry your bank account with the next invoice.

Q: Will Mike Trout ever leave?

A: God willing we won't get that email until after the sun burns out, the dwarfs leave Pluto, you discover the "?", and you find a way to pay your Edison billing.

wd90.jpg

Edited by tomsred