• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terry Smith defends his buddy Scioscia, but admits he could be fired

Terry said this on Angel Talk: "This team has some shortcomings right now, and I don't think it's the manager."  He blamed "injuries and lack of production in some areas."

Langston said "darts will start to fly" on Scioscia and Butcher even though he believes it's not Scioscia's fault, he said it's the fault of the players not performing.  He was talking about how managers tend to get fired for underperforming teams.

Terry did add if we keep losing "something will happen, whether it's the manager, or the pitching coach, or trades, or the general manager."  Langston agreed, saying the way the team is playing is unacceptable.

Yeah, as I mentioned in another thread, I think Mark adds a lot to the show. The other day somebody asked about Hamilton and he kept harping aboot how Josh is a streaky hitter and even mentioned how Tim Salmon was a streaky hitter and would have stretches where you couldn't get him out and would have stretches where he would get himself out.

I wish they would find someone who's knowledgeable about Angels' baseball and doesn't travel with the players and coaches to do Angel Talk. Bob Rowe was the best they've had in the 35 years I've been a fan.

I think Jason Brennan does a good job. Jeff Biggs wasn't awful. Major improvements over Geoff Witcher, Rod Van Hook, Dave Denholm and whoever else KSPN used on travel days.

If you listen to fans long enough, we will not have a serviceable team, they would fire everybody.  Fans are reactionary, the organization can't afford to be reactionary - they need to be strategic, and take a longer term view.

If you listen to fans long enough, we will not have a serviceable team, they would fire everybody. Fans are reactionary, the organization can't afford to be reactionary - they need to be strategic, and take a longer term view.

You're talking about an organization that traded for Vernon Wells, signed Pujols to a 10 year deal, traded for Greinke without a backup plan, and signed Hamilton all kind of, spur of the moment it seems.

This organization is the definition of reactionary.

None of those scenarios were spur of the moment.

You're talking about an organization that traded for Vernon Wells, signed Pujols to a 10 year deal, traded for Greinke without a backup plan, and signed Hamilton all kind of, spur of the moment it seems.

This organization is the definition of reactionary.

Spur of the moment probably wasn't the best choice of words, but they definitely were not thoroughly evaluated correctly. Case is obviously still out on Hamilton and Pujols but it is not looking good so far.

Absolutely right Eric.  Funny how fans think zero thought is put into these situations.  If zero thought were put into these situations I could understand why they many times go wrong.  The scary part is someone actually rationalized  that they were the right thing to do.

I wish they would find someone who's knowledgeable about Angels' baseball and doesn't travel with the players and coaches to do Angel Talk. Bob Rowe was the best they've had in the 35 years I've been a fan.

Why would they want to find and hire such a person?  Would you run a business by hiring an employee to second guess, and criticize everything you do?  You might, but you wouldn't turn him loose on the public and press corps.

I know this may sound like a broken record, but he ****ing IBB Coco Crisp.  That's hilariously stupid.

You are micro-analyzing a situation, no one gets fired for ***ing IBB Coco Crisp.  They get evaluated on a much larger scale than that, thank goodness.

You are micro-analyzing a situation, no one gets fired for ***ing IBB Coco Crisp.  They get evaluated on a much larger scale than that, thank goodness.

I have watched quite a few Angels game and he has done a lot of mismanaging.  I can't name them on the top  of my head, but I pointed them out in the game day chat while the Angels were playing. 

My post, although, just one situation, was to show he makes bad choices, and sometimes downright stupid.

Spur of the moment probably wasn't the best choice of words, but they definitely were not thoroughly evaluated correctly. Case is obviously still out on Hamilton and Pujols but it is not looking good so far.

What? Outside of April last year, Pujols has been Pujols. In fact, this year he's a bright spot. Granted he's injured, but he's hitting the ball well. Hamilton is streaky, and has been hitting better as of late, but needs to get better of course. But to say it was evaluated incorrectly is short sighted IMO.

Something is very wrong on this team when players are good outside of the organization, yet when they come to play for us, they ant so good. CJ, great in Texas, sucks for us. Fernando Rodney, sucked for us, great now on another team. Even VW is doing better than he did here. That smells like coaching to me. So, to say signing the top guys on the market was evaluated wrong by the GM, I disagree with. But to say coaching is lacking, well, that's where I'd go to place b,ame.

At least the team scored some runs last night. The pitching is just rotten. I think Dippy put together a shitty pitching staff.

Another example of a pitcher being good, or at least dojng the job they should be doing, not happening. But it happened on their previous teams. Vargas was good in Seattle, sucks for us. Hanson has upside that we aren't truly seeing and Blanton supposed to eat innings and isn't. Coaching. It boils down to coaching.

Who put the considerable thought into wasting $50 million on GMJ?

The organization who said that "hitters change" during their career.

Arte's philosophy has been to "make a splash" during the winter. It leads to hasty, dumb decisions.

Sadly, GMJHGH was one of Stoneman's very few bad moves, along with never offering arbitration to pending FAs and thus losing the extra 1st round or sandwich pick.