• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harsh commentary on Pads...

http://grantland.com/features/aj-preller-mlb-san-diego-padres-national-league-west/

Its a long long read but it hits on every step and misstep made by AJ Preller.   I know a lot of people got sucked into the Pads hype based on their massive amount of activity but this article goes a long ways towards pointing out how absurd it was from the start...

Bud Black may have caught a huge break being fired.   

"Less than a year ago, Preller inherited an organization with a promising future, a team with enough talent to finish near .500 last season, and potential franchise talents like Ross and Wisler and Turner in the minors. Today, the Padres are a bad team saddled with bad contracts and no farm system. It’s hard to do this much damage this quickly without the use of heavy artillery."

Edited by Inside Pitch

I don't know much about the Padres organization, but I can't help wonder if most of these moves were actually done at the insistence the owner and field manager Bud Black (a former associate of Scioscia's). If that's true then it looks like Preller is getting thrown under the bus like what happened with Jerry Dipoto and Tony Reagins.

Edited by ScottLux

I don't know much about the Padres organization, but I can't help wonder if most of these moves were actually done at the insistence the owner and field manager Bud Black (a former associate of Scioscia's). If that's true then it looks like Preller is getting thrown under the bus like what happened with Jerry Dipoto and Tony Reagins.

It takes a lot of effort, some squinting, and a dash of crazy to come up with a statement like this...

the padres are hardly without prospects. he didn't even trade their top guys. if i remember correctly i think he traded one guy from their top 5.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2015-san-diego-padres-top-10-prospects/

They still have some talent, Hedges was up with the Padres as was Spangenberg.   Looks like he moved the top two guys that survived the initial purge.   But you have to wonder about the depth when a guy who failed to break into the Angels top ten in 2014 ended up ranking 9th in the Padres top ten this year.   

It all goes back to Rondon!

I would like to submit another post to this thread stating I find the use of Pads" as an abbreviated Padres terrible.

Sounds nothing like Padres.

Thought this was an article commenting on the overuse of gear at the plate.

I feel the same way about "Rags" for Rangers, which, I believe, is worse.