• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders' poll is rising as Hillary goes down

• 1 month later...

Sanders' support is mostly with left ideologues, who tend to be college students and their professors and/or environmentalists and other left groups, and those organizations are overwhelmingly white. 

We can also listen to what Sanders has to say: 

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt, addresses the summer meeting of the Democratic National Committee on Aug. 28, 2015, in Minneapolis. (Jim Mone, AP)

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., says he’s at a disadvantage with black voters in the Democratic presidential race because Hillary Clinton has made such inroads with them.

“I am running against … a candidate,” Sanders told The Des Moines Register‘s editorial board Thursday, “whose husband, who I will also not mention, but was a former president of the United States, was very popular with the African-American community. Period. And certainly that popularity will benefit Hillary Clinton.”

Sanders said as Clinton campaigned vigorously for the presidency in 2008, she reached out to African-American leaders around the country.

“That’s simply true. She has been doing this for years,” he said. “So we’re starting kind of way, way back.”

But, Sanders said, all of his poll numbers have been growing, “and you’re beginning to see that with the African-American community as well.”

Clinton had an 80% favorable rating among blacks nationally, while Sanders was viewed favorably by only 23%, according to Gallup polling conducted July 8-Aug. 8.

Sanders acknowledged that his Iowa events have attracted distinctly white crowds.

However, Sanders said he has an agenda that he believes will be popular with black voters, who are disproportionately affected by criminal justice issues, low wages, difficulty in affording college tuition and other issues.

He added: “I will not deny for a moment that we have a lot of work to do. We are going to do that work. We think we can and should do well within the African-American community and the Latino community.”

Iowa’s population is about 3% black, compared with about 13% for the nation, according to 2013 U.S. Census figures.

Jacobs reports for The Des Moines Register.

The latest survey from Quinnipiac, which was released early Thursday morning, shows Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders winning with 41 percent of the vote to Hillary Clinton’s 40 percent. Joe Biden, who has not announced whether he plans to seek the presidency in 2016, comes in third with 12 percent.

Sanders’ base of support comes from voters between the ages of 18 and 34. He leads Clinton by a whopping 47 percentage points among young voters, with 66 percent support compared to only 19 percent for Hillary Clinton. He also leads among self-described liberal Democrats.