• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pick a third player

Taking Joc Pederson to 'protect' Trout in the lineup wouldn't suck.

Yeah, he went under the radar in this thread as everyone fawned over the obvious choice like Stanton. Pederson rates at 30th in OPS so you are on target for both defense and offense.

If you had a choice of three players to start a franchise, the balance you would want would be two starting pitchers and one hitter I think. So in that case you probably go Trout and Kershaw and then someone like Sonny Gray or Chris Sale as your third pick.

If someone has already taken Trout and Kershaw off the board, it becomes a really hard choice. As good as Stanton is I'm struggling to see the value in taking a corner outfielder over a starting pitcher or a premium position player. So I'd be looking at guys like Donaldson, Bryant, Arenado, Gray and Sale.

Wow, the Harper butthurt on this forum is palpable. Harper is the best hitter in baseball and 22 years old. How can he not be the obvious pick?

same reason people arent picking mcab...hes already considered 'taken'

And hes got a while before we call him the best. Hes had an amazing first 3 months of this year, but they dont erase the last 3 years. The guys who walked all over him the last 3 are still around and producing. Hes just better so far this year.

Not saying he wont be the best at some point, but hes got a long road before we hand him that crown

Kris Bryant. Mainly due to his age & years of cost control.

If you got Trout CF & Bryant 3B. Much harder to develop a 3B or CF than Corner OF(Stanton) or 1B(Miggy).

A great SS or 2B would be good

but considering how many years we've had to watch 3B who can barely hit their own weight(Freese) or can't hit HRs(Figgins) has gotten old.

Im going to boldly go with Mookie Betts(out of all non 1st tier players). His bat line isn't too impressive at .277/.338/.464 due to a slow start, but he's adjusted to the pitching and has been hitting .364/.400/.645 over the last month. Will he keep this up? of course not , but I think it is a better indication of his future than his slow start. He has a line drive/groundball swing which, with his speed, shows that he should be able to hold a high average. Im thinking he will be a .290 - .310 easily with decent pop and great speed. Hes one of the best defensive players aswell at a premium position and actually the outfielder who covers more ground than anybody in the majors. The kid is a rookie and 22. I think he is completely overlooked. And another fact to throw out there, he is ranked #9 for position player WAR in the mlb , #6 in the AL.

Edited by marcosantinia12

Stanton.  That atrocity that the Marlins call a baseball stadium is giant.  He'd hit 50 HRs a year in a normal stadium.

A non obvious pick would be Nelson Cruz as he obvious has a solid steroid connection that gives him something that's not detected. 

I like Arenado but any Rockies scare me.  DiPoto didn't figure this out when he signed Rutledge to replace Howie. 

If I had to pick a pitcher it would be Chris Sale. Dude pitches in U.S. Cellular and dominates. Like Stanton it'd be scary to think what he would do in a more friendly environment.