• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cracked bat/foul ball class action lawsuit against MLB

So you bring your 4 year old to his first MLB game and he's sitting behind the dugout looking up at the Jumbotron which is designed to draw your attention. Then bam! A major leager loses his grip and your 4 year old gets drilled in the head by a flying bat and gets seriously injured while you're paying the peanut guy. Tell me you're not pissed off.

So you bring your 4 year old to his first MLB game and he's sitting behind the dugout looking up at the Jumbotron which is designed to draw your attention. Then bam! A major leager loses his grip and your 4 year old gets drilled in the head by a flying bat and gets seriously injured while you're paying the peanut guy. Tell me you're not pissed off.

I should be more pissed at myself if I put a 4 year old kid in that spot and let myself get distracted.

I disagree that there should be a lawsuit, but I do believe their should be netting that goes past the dugouts, it just makes too much sense. If I owned a team, for no other reason than to cover my ass, I would put up netting. Even if you are paying attention if a player yacks a ball foul it could kill you. If a ball was rocketed at me and I duck and it kills the person behind me, is it really because that person wasn't paying attention? Do they really have the ability to get out of the way after I duck? Just put up a net, who cares.

I disagree that there should be a lawsuit, but I do believe their should be netting that goes past the dugouts, it just makes too much sense. If I owned a team, for no other reason than to cover my ass, I would put up netting. Even if you are paying attention if a player yacks a ball foul it could kill you. If a ball was rocketed at me and I duck and it kills the person behind me, is it really because that person wasn't paying attention? Do they really have the ability to get out of the way after I duck? Just put up a net, who cares.

I agree with this. Even if you're paying attention, a deflected ball is not easy to react to and can hurt just as bad.

I guess it depends on where they put the net.  If the net is directly in front of your face then those seats will suck.  If the net is 20-30 feet away from your face it won't be so bad.  We're assuming that only the field level is affected but batted balls go up into the 300 level seats all the time, and sometimes pop fouls can land on someone in the upper deck.

Also what about home run balls reaching the outfield seats?  Is that not considered potentially dangerous?

I guess it depends on where they put the net.  If the net is directly in front of your face then those seats will suck.  If the net is 20-30 feet away from your face it won't be so bad.  We're assuming that only the field level is affected but batted balls go up into the 300 level seats all the time, and sometimes pop fouls can land on someone in the upper deck.

Also what about home run balls reaching the outfield seats?  Is that not considered potentially dangerous?

20130221_mjr_su5_005.0.jpg

The outfield safety net, it's coming

I agree with this. Even if you're paying attention, a deflected ball is not easy to react to and can hurt just as bad.

And to add to this, there's so much of a commotion when a ball is coming into the area that even if you're trying to dodge or get out of the way, it might not be possible with all the people around you.

If they're not putting up netting, maybe they should at least consider keeping small children out of the sections that typically get the most balls and bats. Even if you're the most vigilant parent in the world, little kids can get antsy at long baseball games and it's way too easy to lose your focus on the game when you're trying to handle them,.