• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cracked bat/foul ball class action lawsuit against MLB

To be fair, given some of the injuries that have happened in the past years  -- like the woman at Fenway Park who was hit with the bat and was really hurt by it, and now the second person who was hospitalized after getting hit at Fenway -- netting might be expanded sooner or later WITHOUT a lawsuit. There's been talk of that all along. I'm not commenting on how I feel about the netting personally; I'm just saying that it seems to be something that's being considered completely outside of this lawsuit.

As to this particular lawsuit, I'm not sure how she feels threatened if she hasn't been hit. She can always choose to sit elsewhere.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

I think you just tell people if they sit in the lower sections along the baselines there is a risk of injury.  If they can't tolerate that risk then they should sit in one of the upper sections or in the outfield.

Post warning signs at the entrance to those sections so that people are aware of the risk.

Kind of like warning labels on cigarettes.

I think you just tell people if they sit in the lower sections along the baselines there is a risk of injury. If they can't tolerate that risk then they should sit in one of the upper sections or in the outfield.

Post warning signs at the entrance to those sections so that people are aware of the risk.

On that note, teams should post signs encouraging people to speak up about this so they can be relocated to the rear of the upper deck.

I think you just tell people if they sit in the lower sections along the baselines there is a risk of injury.  If they can't tolerate that risk then they should sit in one of the upper sections or in the outfield.

In addition to this, they should install an electrical device under each seat that will emit an electrical charge periodically to keep people alert at all times. 

People need to get off their phones and pay attention

This is so true. I don't go to many games, but I watch nearly all Halo games on TV. I regularly see people (mostly women) sitting along the first and third base lines, staring down at their phones and typing. Seems pretty hazardous to their health. 

IMO, some stadiums do need additional netting.  Wrigley and Fenway, you can practically spit on a batter, they are that close.  You barely have enough time to react to a line drive.  

Mausoleum on the other hand.  I'm not even sure you need one behind home plate.  It's so far away, you need binoculars from the front row.  

Personally, I don't  mind the netting.  It doesn't bother me when I'm behind them at baseball or hockey games.  

Women need to get off their phones and pay attention

Fixed that for ya.

And not just at ballgames, in all facets of life.

I hope MLB does nothing. Don't want to run the risk? Don't go. It's really that simple. I am sick and exhausted of these f***ing nitwits who continue to push their bullsh** agendas on other people who don't give a sh** about what their problem is, nor do they want a problem "solved" that doesn't exist. I legitimately think these people feel like their life has more value when they do this kind of crap, and it's why it needs to stop being promoted and not be allowed to gain any kind of momentum.

"The lead plaintiff, Gail Payne, is an Oakland A’s fan who feels vulnerable because her seats in Section 211 in the second deck at O.co Coliseum are not protected by netting. A fan beside her was injured by a foul ball, her lawyer said."

So this broad has never been hit by anything but is suing because she feels vulnerable on the second deck? I'd like to crack a bat over her head.

Fodder for yk's landfill.

I'm not sure but doesn't the back of the ticket warm about objects traveling into the stands? Not sure how much weight that carries.

I have seen this even in the minors. There is a disclaimer on the ticket that says that by buying the ticket and sitting in the seat, you are accepting any inherent risks in doing so.

The coaches at 1st & 3rd are forced to wear helmets for their safety but the people right behind the dugouts are on their own. I don't think that the lady sitting 800 feet away has much of a case but I once saw a 10-12 year old kid get drilled by a Dave Winfield lined foul ball. It was really bad and I think eventually MLB have to do something to protect the fans that are sitting really close.