• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Reds have made Jay Bruce available via trade.

Chuck

Unless the Tigers fall off the face of the earth during the next little bit while Miggy is out there is no way they become sellers. That team is built to win now and they're too competitive to pull the plug imo.

Assuming the Tigers don't sell, do the halos give the Padres a call on Upton? Or is Stoneman looking for a leadoff guy like Revere? Leadoff + speed or a middle of the order power bat

Have you look at the standings?  I mean normally i would agree with you bu they are now 9 games out in third place with a negative run differential, verlander off, miggy out, etc... 

You are probably right, i dont see the selling per se, but if a deal made sense for both teams i could easily see them trading him.  

Hes in a walk year.. it all comes down to do they want to and or think they can keep him.     If the answer to either of those is no then why not get something?  It wouldnt be that hard to justify really considering the circumstances.

Have you look at the standings? I mean normally i would agree with you bu they are now 9 games out in third place with a negative run differential, verlander off, miggy out, etc...

You are probably right, i dont see the selling per se, but if a deal made sense for both teams i could easily see them trading him.

Hes in a walk year.. it all comes down to do they want to and or think they can keep him. If the answer to either of those is no then why not get something? It wouldnt be that hard to justify really considering the circumstances.

Can the Tigers give price a qualifying offer?

Can the Tigers give price a qualifying offer?

Yes....as long as you weren't acquired during the season of your free agency (his trade was last year)....or, if you're contract prohibits a qualifying offer (a few do)....

Yes....as long as you weren't acquired during the season of your free agency (his trade was last year)....or, if you're contract prohibits a qualifying offer (a few do)....

Tigers are in a win-win situation regarding price then. Trade him, they should get a decent haul or they get a pick if they can't resign him

I would take Jay Bruce, like some people have pointed out our organization has failed miserably and producing an analogous talent and our line up with him in it would be better immediately.  Would I trade Newcomb or Heaney...No but Id think about moving Tropeano.  I doubt that would get it done.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Tigers are in a win-win situation regarding price then. Trade him, they should get a decent haul or they get a pick if they can't resign him

I guess they don't want to appear to run up the white flag but if they really don't think they're going to sign him, I'd rather trade for a couple of prospects close to the bigs than get one draft pick...