• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'll go on record

Premium prospect for a CJ who's like 70yrs old? That'd be nice but I doubt it.

Either way, we'll be paying him what we owe him.

Like I said, not likely you could get a good prospect for him....and, like I also said, if we have to "pay him what we owe him" or a significant chunk of it, makes no sense to trade him....he's still serviceable so you either get out from under the contract or, if you're going to pay a portion of the contract, then you get a good prospect in return (again, not likely)....

Like I said, not likely you could get a good prospect for him....and, like I also said, if we have to "pay him what we owe him" or a significant chunk of it, makes no sense to trade him....he's still serviceable so you either get out from under the contract or, if you're going to pay a portion of the contract, then you get a good prospect in return (again, not likely)....

He'll give up 6 runs in his next start and after drinking all night I'll be posting in the GDT for his outright release I'm sure lol

If I'm not mistaken, Lind has a 7 million dollar option for next year. So yes, I'd trade 5 years of a #4/5 starter for a year and a half of a very good DH.

And even that isn't fair value, but at the trade deadline, you have to overpay, it's just sort of the way it goes when you're desperate for offense.

Yup -- there's a team option

2016 32 Toronto Blue Jays *$8,000,000   $8M Team Option, $500k Buyout     Earliest Free Agent: 2016

Thanks IP.  And yes, I'd still make the trade, hard as it is to accept.  Shoemaker's success last year was a little bit of a fluke, but not really.  The year, regression was expected, but this many HR's seems a little like bad luck.  I'd say his true value can be found somewhere in between.  Last year he had a 3.04 ERA, this year 4.85.  I think on an annual basis, he should be able to give any prospective team an ERA around 4, 200 innings and a pretty respectable K/BB ratio. 

Typically, I'd advise against trading such a player, but I think that even without Shoe and CJ in next year's rotation and having Weaver as the 5th starter, the Angels would still have Smith (if he isn't traded), Ellis and Newcomb all in AA/AAA ready to step in. 

Thanks IP. And yes, I'd still make the trade, hard as it is to accept. Shoemaker's success last year was a little bit of a fluke, but not really. The year, regression was expected, but this many HR's seems a little like bad luck. I'd say his true value can be found somewhere in between. Last year he had a 3.04 ERA, this year 4.85. I think on an annual basis, he should be able to give any prospective team an ERA around 4, 200 innings and a pretty respectable K/BB ratio.

Typically, I'd advise against trading such a player, but I think that even without Shoe and CJ in next year's rotation and having Weaver as the 5th starter, the Angels would still have Smith (if he isn't traded), Ellis and Newcomb all in AA/AAA ready to step in.

Shoe is throwing his splitter a lot less this season. I think it's probably been hurting to throw lately. Edited by ELEVEN