• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terry Smith looks like...

yes. The guy Rome made fun of. I see why Rome made fun of him, but most of the time, I like his seriousness to Rome's constant goofing. Anyways, Terry is like Hamilton to me,

Terry's humor is like Lee Hacksaw Hamilton's (they both have none)

Hamilton has/had a ton of bravado in his schtick, Smith has none of that.

If Terry Smith were an ice cream, he'd be unflavored, non-fat ice milk.

"I've got TEN open lines! Do I have to dial the phone for you too?"

Rancho Penisquitas I wanna hear from you.

Can I get a lesbian lawyer on the line to talk about prop 48 and how it affects the Aztecs? I have a lesbian lawyer hotline.

Hot off the sportswire, dateline the Murph.

I know he's been discussed a million times here, but a couple of my favorites:

When he'd have a "hot topic of the day" - say some horse is going for the triple crown.  And the NFL draft is that week.  So passionate charger fans would call with draft questions and takes, and he'd end the call by asking "who do you like in the Belmont this weekend?" - and Charger fan could not possibly care less.  He was so tone deaf.

My favorite all time caller was some black guy wondering why 1090 or 690 (whereever he was) had no people of color, while it employed two hosts with speech impediments (Coach John Kintera, and Bill Werndl).  Hacksaw started in about having to beat the bushes in Boise for years before one could hit the big time.  He almost crossed the Al Campanis line about blacks having the necessities. 

It was awesome.

Curious what people say here.

If I were on a 3-hour drive, I'd rather listen to:

1. Hamilton

2. Lodge

3. Rome

4. Rogers

5. The dude who does Angels line when Terry doesn't do it (Terry's not very good at it and doesn't seem to like it).

I'd say Hacksaw, I think. The unknown Angels line guy is good, however.

Edited by Juan Savage

Among the myriad Lodge deficiencies, I've concluded that his worst is that he cannot get to the point.  Everything he says is drawn out, where you as the listener know what he's going to say, and you are just waiting for him to get there.

That's on top of all his other issues.

Curious what people say here.

1. Hamilton

2. Lodge

3. Rome

4. Rogers

5. The dude who does Angels line when Terry doesn't do it (Terry's not very good at it and doesn't seem to like it).

I'd say Hacksaw, I think. The unknown Angels line guy is good, however.

I'd go:

Rodgers

Hamilton

Rome

Angels Talk

AO after a bullpen meltdown

Lodge

1. Hamilton
2. Lodge
3. Rome
4. Rogers

1)Rome

2)Rogers

3)Hamilton

4)Find an all news station

There should be a drinking game based on how many times Lodge uses his favorite(of many)crutches...'ABSOLUTELY!'  Like someone said earlier, he offers nothing and never says anything that isn't obvious.

fyi, ESPN announced today that Cowherd is leaving.  Rumors are that he's headed to Fox.  The guy's a jerk, but he pulls in the ratings.  Another one bites the dust at the evil 4 letter.

Moe Jorgan agrees that he is very good.

Cowherd is fine, until it's time to talk MLB.

Just saw recently that he got his start in Las Vegas around the time UNLV was dominating college basketball in the early 1990s (until the second Duke FF game).

Amazing that the BWC was one of the top 10 basketball conferences back then, and had its' own bspn spot on Big Monday.

Edited by Angel Oracle