• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AMC's The Walking Dead

Richard

The subtleties bug me.....when Merle bosses into the drop off point blaring the radio like in an apocalyptic world someone is taking the time to run a radio tower playing clasic rock.

The Gov. spraying everyone down like a German concetration camp is kind of overboard with everyone packing heat but no one even takes a shot at the dude.

Carl is still worse than Andrea.

Most of the dead people turn to walkers pretty quickly, but this over dramatic deal of Milton/Andrea suspense is too much...then add in that she is handcuffed but somehow took off her shoes and socks to get the pliers and that they somehow take off handcuffs.

Suddenly the perma stubble isn't the only annoying thing.

The subtleties bug me.....when Merle bosses into the drop off point blaring the radio like in an apocalyptic world someone is taking the time to run a radio tower playing clasic rock.

The Gov. spraying everyone down like a German concetration camp is kind of overboard with everyone packing heat but no one even takes a shot at the dude.

Carl is still worse than Andrea.

Most of the dead people turn to walkers pretty quickly, but this over dramatic deal of Milton/Andrea suspense is too much...then add in that she is handcuffed but somehow took off her shoes and socks to get the pliers and that they somehow take off handcuffs.

Suddenly the perma stubble isn't the only annoying thing.

I'm guessing Merle's boss ride had a sweet tape deck.

The Gov going off the handle was gnar.  Martinez and The Bowman were kinda, "Uh, you get in the front seat"  So now you have those 3 wandering the wilderness with little of no ammo.  I'd be willing to bet we'll see at least one of them wandering as a walker next season.

Andrea gets free in time, and can't kick Zombie Milton away???  Glad she's gone

I was thinking back to the difference between season 2 and season 3.  And what made season 2 IMO better than season 3.  

This is what I came up with.  Season 2 was more about events, and then having the stories surround the events.  Season 2 was about finding the kid.  All the story lines surrounded that one event.  

Then you had season 3.  It kind of was about Woodbury, or about the prison.  But it was more about individuals.  Finale you could say was more about Andrea.  Last episode was about Merle.  A few episodes ago, was about the Clear guy.  You had the episode about crazy Rick.  They took a real episode by episode to develop the characters.  

I'm hoping season 4 brings it back to season 2.  Hunting the Gov.  And having the side stories developing around that one primary storyline.

A bit disappointed, I agree with most here that it was good but not for a finale. The nonsense between Andrea and Milton lasted too long. Milton: "I'm still alive." How and why? The Gov used him as a pin cushion. You saw the size of that knife?

Best part of the episode was Carl. I think he should have killed that guy and I disgreed with Hershel. Anyone?

Season 2 sucked ass. I almost want to give up on the show as is and if they go with another boring premise like that again I'm done. I actually was done with the show during season 2 but was bored and caught some of the finale episodes where Shane goes ape shit and getting murked to bring me back in.

Maybe season 2 isn't such a bore fest if they follow the story, but not of finding a kid everyone knows is dead.

Best part of the episode was Carl. I think he should have killed that guy and I disgreed with Hershel. Anyone?

That whole Carl episode was just odd.  If the guy wanted to give up, he would have dropped the gun.  But no, he didn't, and was moving towards Carl.  So yeah, shoot him dead.  

In a way, it's a statement of how society is today.  A cop tells you to drop your gun.  You don't and approach him.  They shoot you.  The guy on the side is saying police brutality, he was giving up.  Where the cops are saying he wasn't following orders and posed a threat.  

YES! Called the Andrea death. She was featured the most this season and knew her time was coming.

As for the episode, it was a bit meh. Governor going ape shit on a group of armed civilians was mind boggling, and that guy drawing his gun on the GOV. and still getting popped in the head.

Andrea not being fast enough with the pliers was also mind boggling, but then again she could have been really weak from running to the prison, getting the crap kicked out of her, and being tortured in the chair.

this show is so terrible but i can't help but tune in every week. we got 15 seasons of nothing that culminated in a rushed, lackluster firefight and the offscreen death of a major character. i hope the walking dead is revived on premium cable at some point. it would probably get the treatment it deserves on hbo and the writers would be able to remain faithful to the comics without offending the network.

It's not supposed to follow the comics, flute. They're purposely veering off so readers don't know what's going to happen.

The thing with Andrea was pretty shaky. If she worked on the pliers a lot more than talking, she would have been loose. See how long it took her to get one hand loose? For a veteran walker killer like Andrea, her death was mighty weak. 

I liked the Governor scene, mowing everyone down. They had no idea he was a maniac and Allen had no plans on killing him. He seemed to be flexing his muscles, wanting the Gov to stand down. He had no idea who he was dealing with. Secondly, Allen had a history of "freezing." That was the argument he had with Tyreese about Donna. I had no problem with that scene or anyone else not firing at him. Loved the looks on the faces of Shumpert and Martinez.

Saw Talking Dead afterwards and was very surprised the poll regarding if Carl did the right thing in shooting the "kid" was 50/50. He was lucky he wasn't killed on sight, running through the woods with a rifle. You don't speak english? Drop the gun doesn't mean give me the gun.

I agreed with Carl on every account in that episode except his disgust on bringing in the Woodbury folks. Carl has a lot of trust issues and rightfully so. His father needs to talk to him, but on the flip side, stop making dumb decisions like giving up Michonne. Carl was also upset about that.

I agree with Torrid on the Carl issue.   Watched the episode again, and drop the gun.  So the guy slowly walks towards Carl with the gun like he's handing it over.  Or is he walking over, to take the gun from the little kid thinking he won't shoot.  As I stated above, it's a comment on society, and there are a lot of them.

Gov mowing down the people and the people not reacting.  Remember what the Gov said in previous episodes.  How could they take the prison when you said it was impossible.  Get anyone that can carry a gun and we'll take the prison.  Or when that whole interaction with the kid on the wall and Andrea.  She was an expert with the bow, yet she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  Then got all unglued when Andrea too care of business easily.  The Gov showed what was shown all season, that he is a cold blooded killer.  Remember the soldiers?  Now he's a cold blooded killer that's pretty insane.  And while it's not deliberate, or maybe it is, but Newton or Aurora anyone?

Next season is going to be interesting.  Just introducing new characters.  But where to go from here?  Is it a hunt for the Gov as the main story?  A few episodes ago, they said they were running short on supplies, and they take on probably 20 more people? Will the whole season be about clearing the prison, which would be boring.  And taking on a bunch of people, that are used to electricity and houses and relative safety, and putting them in a prison with walkers everywhere.  (statement on society?)  

It's almost like they are running out of juice, and it's time for them to move to a new Walking Dead project.

I think the upcoming season should be the last.  As many people said when the series started, there's only so much you can do in a zombie apocalypse; you'll run out of ideas eventually.  

They should move on from the prison next season, maybe after hearing about a safe zone somehow.  And then they all die. 

Carl explicitly said that he knew the Governor killed Merle when explaining why he killed that guy. Was he speaking generally as in "if you had killed him, Merle would be alive because none of this would have happened" or was he saying that he knew it was the Gov that killed him? It sure seemed to me like he was saying the latter, but how would they know?

Hopefully next season they will flash back in time to when the zombie infection started, and explain how it came about. How was everyone infected? Was it simply a random mutation of a quickly-spreading virus, or was it some kind of government experiment gone wrong? They've been begging this question since the show begun.

Hopefully next season they will flash back in time to when the zombie infection started, and explain how it came about. How was everyone infected? Was it simply a random mutation of a quickly-spreading virus, or was it some kind of government experiment gone wrong? They've been begging this question since the show begun.

A prequel would be kind of cool.  Walking Dead Origins.

This is something that Sci Fi was good at with the Battlestar Galactica series.  They would spin off a 4-5 episode series/movie and explain something outside of the series.

I agree with Torrid on the Carl issue.   Watched the episode again, and drop the gun.  So the guy slowly walks towards Carl with the gun like he's handing it over.  Or is he walking over, to take the gun from the little kid thinking he won't shoot.  As I stated above, it's a comment on society, and there are a lot of them.

Gov mowing down the people and the people not reacting.  Remember what the Gov said in previous episodes.  How could they take the prison when you said it was impossible.  Get anyone that can carry a gun and we'll take the prison.  Or when that whole interaction with the kid on the wall and Andrea.  She was an expert with the bow, yet she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  Then got all unglued when Andrea too care of business easily.  The Gov showed what was shown all season, that he is a cold blooded killer.  Remember the soldiers?  Now he's a cold blooded killer that's pretty insane.  And while it's not deliberate, or maybe it is, but Newton or Aurora anyone?

Next season is going to be interesting.  Just introducing new characters.  But where to go from here?  Is it a hunt for the Gov as the main story?  A few episodes ago, they said they were running short on supplies, and they take on probably 20 more people? Will the whole season be about clearing the prison, which would be boring.  And taking on a bunch of people, that are used to electricity and houses and relative safety, and putting them in a prison with walkers everywhere.  (statement on society?)  

It's almost like they are running out of juice, and it's time for them to move to a new Walking Dead project.

I was disappointed when I read in Hollywood Reporter that the Gov will return in season 4. I don't have an issue with him returning, but I wanted it to be later, maybe in season 5 or even 6. I just hope this Gov thing doesn't cover the entire season.

I never thought that they would go hunting for the Gov, but that's possible. Don't think they'll do that though. They have all these people to take care of now and going on such a hunt would put many at risk. You wonder what the Gov has planned though. It would make sense for him to recruit a whole bunch of psychos to take another run at the prison.

I think the upcoming season should be the last.  As many people said when the series started, there's only so much you can do in a zombie apocalypse; you'll run out of ideas eventually.  

They should move on from the prison next season, maybe after hearing about a safe zone somehow.  And then they all die. 

According to the comic book, they go to Alexandria, a supposed safe zone. We'll see how that goes. Can't end the show yet though. There's a lot more that can be done.

Carl explicitly said that he knew the Governor killed Merle when explaining why he killed that guy. Was he speaking generally as in "if you had killed him, Merle would be alive because none of this would have happened" or was he saying that he knew it was the Gov that killed him? It sure seemed to me like he was saying the latter, but how would they know?

He knew based on the tracking information from Daryl. Just a supposition that the Gov or one of his goons did it, I guess.

the whole scene involving carl and hershel in the woods was a product of bad direction. i imagine the audience was supposed to side with hershel but you see the guy inching forward like he's going to raise his weapon at any moment.

I think you're right, flute. The producers may have wanted us to see Carl as doing something questionable, but many people (I'm on the AMC blog) don't.