• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alex Guerrero

i have no hope for that guy, though i dont know if theres true silver linings (that guys like doc or IP can point out), but at worst, maybe hed be a decent defensive replacement. Hows his speed/baserunning?

he's still one of the 10 youngest players in he PCL as he just turned 23.  He could have another full minor league season and still be considered a prospect.  

From all accounts, he's a good defender with a very strong arm and has good speed yet likely isn't a stolen base threat at the major league level.  

his bat is still the wild card.  I imaging they changed his swing because they knew the holes in it would be exploited eventually as he advanced.  His early success at AAA means one of two things.  Either his old mechanics actually work for him and he's going to be fairly productive or the book on him is out the window for the time being as the old swing holes are not the new swing holes.  

I saw some video of his new swing before he changed back and it was actually a really nice swing.  His timing was horrible however.  Apparently, he just couldn't get it down.  

Hopefully, instead of trying to completely change him going forward, they just tweak the old swing a bit to cover some holes.  Or perhaps he just went back to his old timing mechanism and incorporated some of the new stuff.  

It's impossible to predict relative to what he's done so far, but internal scouting saw enough to bump him from A to AAA.  That has to tell you something.  

Right now it would not surprise me if he did anything from not getting to the majors to reaching his ceiling of being a Cory Koskie type.