• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Crazy Stat

A'ths are 9 games under .500 (39 - 48) but have a +48 run differential.

Contributing to that is their 7-22 record in 1-run games and 1-6 record in extra innings

Could have been a whole different beginning of the season if a few things fell their way as their "expected" win-loss to this point was projected to be 49-38.  Oh and they have been absolutely abused by lefties this year at 5-17

The A'th backend in the pen has been nothing like it's been in the past 3 years.

It appears that the entire pen has allowed as many HRs as the starting pitching has allowed in probably half of the innings of the starters.

That could partly explain the crappy 1 run game record.

Meantime, the A'th starters have a collective ERA of around 3.00. That is just sick.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Variance and the concept of a "game".  If we didn't have the concept of a "game," where we just look at results after a finite amount of innings then the Blue Jays and A'ths would be seen as the "better teams."  But because we view baseball results through 9 inning increments, run differential isn't a very important statistic.  

Here's a question I've always had many people disagree me with.  Suppose there are two baseball teams and they play for the World Series, Team A wins 3 games, each by at least 10 runs, Team B wins 4 games and wins each game by a margin of 2 or less.  Sample size implications aside, which team is the "better team?"

Edited by aznhockeyguy

Variance and the concept of a "game". If we didn't have the concept of a "game," where we just look at results after a finite amount of innings then the Blue Jays and A'ths would be seen as the "better teams." But because we view baseball results through 9 inning increments, run differential isn't a very important statistic.

Here's a question I've always had many people disagree me with. Suppose there are two baseball teams and they play for the World Series, Team A wins 3 games, each by at least 10 runs, Team B wins 4 games and wins each game by a margin of 2 or less. Sample size implications aside, which team is the "better team?"

The team with Mazeroski coming up in the 9th inning of game 7?

Hear that, Giavotella?

The team with Mazeroski coming up in the 9th inning of game 7?

Hear that, Giavotella?

Beat me to that by an hour, I was thinking 1960 WS too. Skanks destroyed them in their 3 wins while the Pirates barely escaped in the 4 wins, and that's all that mattered. Edited by Angel Oracle