• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which browser are you using?

Redondo

I have been using Mozilla Firefox for years. I run Adblock Plus on it.

Lately it's been freezing up on me. I have downloaded all the updates but it's still running a little slower than usual.

Anyone else have this problem?

What are you using and what kind of problems does it have or is it really fast? Let's not bring up IE as it is worse

Chrome, Opera etc

Thanks for the input.

Nope, outside of the Flash plug-in crashing if I have 20 or so tabs and multiple browser windows open. It is a bit of a memory hog, but I have lots of RAM on my primary desktop. I just make sure I close down the browser windows every once in awhile.

I had uninstalled the Ad Blocker a few months ago and forgot about it...thanks for the reminder...life is already better!

I'm actually interested to see what Microsoft does with their new browser concept. if they really "rebuilt" it from the ground up and it's not just IE with a combover it could be something to take a look at.

My primary browser is Opera. The main page is a collection of thumbnails of websites that I have saved (takes the place of your favorites list) which you just click on and go to the website. You can save as many as you like. Need to log in? If you elect to save your password, Ctrl-return enters your user name and password and logs you in to any website. The main drawback: There are a few websites that do not work properly with Opera. For those I use Google Chrome.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox has turned to shit. I've made up my mind and will start looking for an alternative first chance I get. And I don't trust Chrome or IE.

I still primarily use Firefox.

It's still the only browser that has non gimped plugins for things like ad blocking (Google and Microsoft are both in the advertising business), but it's been horribly unstable for the last couple years.

Have a look at Opera. It isn't all that well known, but I haven't found anything that I had rather use.

I still primarily use Firefox.

It's still the only browser that has non gimped plugins for things like ad blocking (Google and Microsoft are both in the advertising business), but it's been horribly unstable for the last couple years.

I'm currently trying out Yandex and am pleased with it thus far.  I'm running Adguard for pop-ups and Stealth Mode for privacy along with 4 other extensions, and it's been running smooth as butter to this point.  No crashes or freezes as of yet.

From Wikipedia:

"...is developed by the Russian web search corporation Yandex that uses the Blink layout engine and is based on the Chromium open source project. The browser checks webpage security with the Yandex security system and checks downloaded files with Kaspersky anti-virus. The browser also uses Opera Software's Turbo technology to speed web browsing on slow connections."

Russia, Russia, I know, but I do trust Kaspersky who has a pretty good reputation in cyber security.