• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LATimes- Scioscia Ranked Highly By MLB Execs

Lou

So you mean back when only 4 teams made the playoffs, the Angels did so less often? And then when that number doubled, it happened more often? Interesting.

The question to be asked for a proper comparison would be how many times the Angels would have been in the playoffs if the wild card system had been in place during the preceding 20 yrs?  I don't the answer to that, but I do remember the Angels coming in 2nd place a few times during that span.

I've come to the conclusion that lists are worthless here.  Everyone has their polarized opinions, and if the list doesn't support their beliefs it's absolute trash.  At this point everyone has formed their opinions about this team and organization on this site so we are in wash, rinse, repeat mode from here on out.  This includes me by the way.  Can we at least move on to some fresh subjects instead of the incessant hammering of our positions? 

The question to be asked for a proper comparison would be how many times the Angels would have been in the playoffs if the wild card system had been in place during the preceding 20 yrs?  I don't the answer to that, but I do remember the Angels coming in 2nd place a few times during that span.

If the two wild-card system had been in place, we would have made the playoffs in 1985, 1989, and 1997, each time as the 2nd wild card.

Lol keep nit picking trying to prove Scioscia sucks. Fact. The Angels have only win 5 playoff series. Scioscia was the manager of all of them. So if you base playoff wins as a basis of success (petsonally i dont but you do) you would have to say Scioscia is the best manager in franchise history.

BTW only three managers in franchise history have won a division: Fredonia (1) Mach (2) and Scioscia (6).

It's really too bad you hate the guy managing your favorite team. He seems to have done pretty well for them.

So you mean back when only 4 teams made the playoffs, the Angels did so less often? And then when that number doubled, it happened more often? Interesting.

Lol keep nit picking trying to prove Scioscia sucks. Fact. The Angels have only win 5 playoff series. Scioscia was the manager of all of them. So if you base playoff wins as a basis of success (petsonally i dont but you do) you would have to say Scioscia is the best manager in franchise history.

BTW only three managers in franchise history have won a division: Fredonia (1) Mach (2) and Scioscia (6).

It's really too bad you hate the guy managing your favorite team. He seems to have done pretty well for them.

Looks like your spell checker has gone haywire... or tell me who Fredonia and Mach are. I'm old, but I don't remember them.

I've come to the conclusion that lists are worthless here.  Everyone has their polarized opinions, and if the list doesn't support their beliefs it's absolute trash.  At this point everyone has formed their opinions about this team and organization on this site so we are in wash, rinse, repeat mode from here on out.  This includes me by the way.  Can we at least move on to some fresh subjects instead of the incessant hammering of our positions? 

These lists are laughable in the way the flawed research is conducted.  No busy MLB exec spent more than five or ten minutes filling out the survey.  There's not a human on this earth who could accurately assess all 30 managers or GM's in that amount of time and rank them in order. 

You have invented an entire argument I never made. Congrats on this brilliant work of fiction.

that argument works two ways.

So when the league only had X amount of teams...

So when there were no playoffs...

So when there was only one round of playoffs....

Yank, dodger etc fans always point out their history, but if you look at them in the mkre modern era its not much different than ours or anyoNe elses. The gianst and cards recently, the sox in the 2000s and yanks in the late 90s are the exceptions

Automotic spell checker is a bi!! Fregosi and Mauch. I should have assumed that you wouldn't know their names.

Automatic spell checker is bi? 

And thanks for yet another condescending jab at Dick B Back, you've had plenty recently.