• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Managerial Survey Per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13186480/who-mlb-best-manager-survey-says

Interesting read overall with this little tidbit on Scioscia:

An NL executive on Scioscia: "He had a lot of success early, and he hasn't had a lot of success since. I think guys find out that Los Angeles is a hard place to play, because if [scioscia's] not signing off on you, you're not playing there. He has a lot of control. And when you've got that much control and you're not a playoff team and you're spending that kind of money, the bloom comes off the rose.''

As a lifelong Angels fan, but current Giants SS holder (not full season though, God bless the people that can do 81 baseball games a year), it's night and day watching Bochy and Scioscia.

What section are your seats Wicked?  I get up to SF for a couple Giants games a year.  AT&T is my favorite ball park by far.

Any other manager that makes the playoffs only once in 5 years would likely be canned. 

I think a big reason the Angels don't win anymore is simply because Scioscia is resting on his laurels.  This used to be a team that played great defense, aggressively promoted youngsters from the farm to fill a specific role, ran like a bat out of hell on the basis, always taking the extra base, and shortened games with a dominant bullpen. 

The Angels were exciting, but look at them now.

Station to station running. When they do try to stretch things, they're gunned by a mile because Disarcina is an idiot.  Scioscia showing unwavering bais for veterans when there are better younger options in AAA.  Below average defense in LF, 3B, 2B and C when Iannetta is playing.  A bullpen that willingly pitches Fernando Salas, Cesar Ramos and Jose Alvarez in important situations on a consistent basis.  

I mean when you actually take a step back and look at what this team has become under Scioscia and moreover what Scioscia has become, it's depressing.  It's like that idealistic college professor and social activist that runs for office and is elected.  You think things are actually going to change until you you realize you've been duped.

The Angels might make the playoffs once every few years under the rest of Scioscia's reign.  But never again will they be the exciting team they were because no longer is Scioscia is the exciting manager he was.  He's grown old, tired, richer, softer.  

Any other manager that makes the playoffs only once in 5 years would likely be canned.

I think a big reason the Angels don't win anymore is simply because Scioscia is resting on his laurels. This used to be a team that played great defense, aggressively promoted youngsters from the farm to fill a specific role, ran like a bat out of hell on the basis, always taking the extra base, and shortened games with a dominant bullpen.

The Angels were exciting, but look at them now.

Station to station running. When they do try to stretch things, they're gunned by a mile because Disarcina is an idiot. Scioscia showing unwavering bais for veterans when there are better younger options in AAA. Below average defense in LF, 3B, 2B and C when Iannetta is playing. A bullpen that willingly pitches Fernando Salas, Cesar Ramos and Jose Alvarez in important situations on a consistent basis.

I mean when you actually take a step back and look at what this team has become under Scioscia and moreover what Scioscia has become, it's depressing. It's like that idealistic college professor and social activist that runs for office and is elected. You think things are actually going to change until you you realize you've been duped.

The Angels might make the playoffs once every few years under the rest of Scioscia's reign. But never again will they be the exciting team they were because no longer is Scioscia is the exciting manager he was. He's grown old, tired, richer, softer.

And that's on sosh? All those guys you mentioned are jd‘s guy

One thing that really struck me was last year in ST when Scioscia said they were really "going to try and get after it in March for change."

a) the **** were they doing before that?

b ) he hadn't made the playoffs for 4 years before that, and he never thought to change things up?

It does seem like there's an air of complacency among Scioscia and his coaching staff.

Edited by WallyWorld

One thing that really struck me was last year in ST when Scioscia said they were really "going to try and get after it in March for change."

a) the **** were they doing before that?

b ) he hadn't made the playoffs for 4 years before that, and he never thought to change things up?

It does seem like there's an air of complacency among Scioscia and his coaching staff.

Completely agree

This isn't a surprise. Anybody from this website could pinpoint that.

I guess my question is - as a staunch hater of Sosh for the last 3-4 years, there was mostly unwavering support for him here, except from a few loyal anti-Sosh people.

But A bomb drops, Jerry flops out, and now almost the entire fan base wants him gone yesterday.

Why the change. There's nothing really new about Sosh. He's a power-hungry old-school my-way-or-the-highway manager who hasn't won squat since 2002.

The uprise against him in the last 5-6 days is crazy.

I like that the opening post has an anonymous leak, isn't that how the Angel's problem started earlier this week? Shows courage!

The two leading industries for anonymous leaks - Baseball and the Federal Government.

Edited by tomsred

I really don't know how much more mileage that Scioscia can pull out of winning the franchise's only World Series. That was 13 years ago.

Bobby Cox pulled it off.  He won his only World Series in 1995, and didn't retire until 2010.  Along the way he assaulted his wife, lost a lot of playoff games, and then came back to help the Braves pick a new GM in 2014.

Edited by tomsred

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13186480/who-mlb-best-manager-survey-says

Interesting read overall with this little tidbit on Scioscia:

An NL executive on Scioscia: "He had a lot of success early, and he hasn't had a lot of success since. I think guys find out that Los Angeles is a hard place to play, because if [scioscia's] not signing off on you, you're not playing there. He has a lot of control. And when you've got that much control and you're not a playoff team and you're spending that kind of money, the bloom comes off the rose.''

If MS opts out many here would be surprised at the relatively lack of demand for his managerial services from other organizations.

If MS opts out many here would be surprised at the relatively lack of demand for his managerial services from other organizations.

If Scioscia were to walk no team would offer him a contract even remotely close to $6M a year for 3 years guaranteed. He might get $4M for a single year with a team option at most. He's going to be managing the team through 2018 unless Arte decides to eat his contract or sell the team. 

Edited by ScottLux

If Scioscia were to walk no team would offer him a contract even remotely close to $6M a year for 3 years guaranteed. He might get $4M for a single year with a team option at most. He's going to be managing the team through 2018 unless Arte decides to eat his contract or sell the team.

1. no way he opts out

2. managers don't sign 1-year deals

ya i don't get it.  the players are sucking.

running?  they can't steal.  trout for some reason is not as fast as he was 3 years ago and when he does steal its so close.    the others have no chance.

the dude is running out so many lineups to get it going you could not name them all thats been tried.

if he is not signing off on you...you are not playing??   i mean napoli comes to mind...and i hate sosh for that, but he was a catcher when he played and knew what he wanted out there....i can see that.    the trade itself was horrific?   he was a throw in to get him off the team.      but in my mind most of the other players suck so bad how is he to put them on the fielf?   names??

any others that turned out great on other teams like napoli?   

gotta to have the players to wield     

i feel i could have hit balls off weaver (i could not)  but he was our ace for a while.   its a little different.    bum did something last year that has never been done ever and the way the series played out you might have made the same decision to keep running bum out there.   

its all fluky shit.   kc manager was a game from being fired and now he is a fixture because his catcher got a hit and the team and players gained some momemtum

did the manager rub his ass on the way to the plate?    our team was third in def efficiency when dipoto quit and we we not shifting enough