• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Woman gunned down in San Francisco. Suspect had been deported five times.

lol, thanks Adam, I must be slacking missing that one.  Kick his ass Geraldo. Now is the proper pronunciation of Geraldo with an H or a J?

Couple other things to take from that clip is it was the first time I have heard Barry be called skinny.  Also, I always thought Geraldo could be an X-Men and shoot porcupine quills from his moustache. 

Open borders mean we wouldn't be deporting anyone Jay. 

I stand corrected.

We probably won't ever have an open border with Mexico.  Unless Mexico undergoes some sort of major reformation.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere if people would just be realistic.  We have to get rid of the pipe dream crap that we know isn't going to change.

1.  The border will never be secured.  2.  Mexico is not going to be as prosperous as the U.S. anytime soon.  3.  We are not going to stop giving away free crap anytime soon.

If we accept these facts maybe a dialogue with possible solutions could take place.  While open borders is a nice thought, the way this country does business means we would go broke that much faster if we just allowed everyone to come.  This is especially true for state and local governments who bear the brunt of the fed's horrible management of this issue.  Here are my thoughts for the immigration issue.

1.  There has to be a streamlined process to enter this country legally.  The process as of now for legal immigration and/or naturalization is a fricking joke.

2.  Anyone already here should be granted amesty and go through the above streamlined process.  (this may not be popular but is really the only thing to do at this point)

3.  Punish employers hard if they are hiring illegals.  This shouldn't be as near as much of an issue if we make getting here easier.  We keep going after the little guy instead of hitting the process where it hurts.

4.  Shut off aid for anyone who still bypasses the immigration process. 

If we can do these things I believe a lot of the issues could be resolved but we have to get past the bullshit first.

Here are my thoughts for the immigration issue.

If we can do these things I believe a lot of the issues could be resolved but we have to get past the bullshit first.

Good points.  The problem with this is that you shut off aid and then it will affect the children.  There must be some personal responsibility, but they will cry "what about the children?!"

I thought heavily about that last option, especially considering one of my first points was that we will never stop giving away free stuff.  However this must happen, there has to be some kind of reason to go through the process of legal immigration.

For me, it is like legalizing some drugs, you get the benefit of tax income but there has to be a reason still for people to purchase them legally or it just doesn't work.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere if people would just be realistic.  We have to get rid of the pipe dream crap that we know isn't going to change.

1.  The border will never be secured.  2.  Mexico is not going to be as prosperous as the U.S. anytime soon.  3.  We are not going to stop giving away free crap anytime soon.

If we accept these facts maybe a dialogue with possible solutions could take place.  While open borders is a nice thought, the way this country does business means we would go broke that much faster if we just allowed everyone to come.  This is especially true for state and local governments who bear the brunt of the fed's horrible management of this issue.  Here are my thoughts for the immigration issue.

1.  There has to be a streamlined process to enter this country legally.  The process as of now for legal immigration and/or naturalization is a fricking joke.

2.  Anyone already here should be granted amesty and go through the above streamlined process.  (this may not be popular but is really the only thing to do at this point)

3.  Punish employers hard if they are hiring illegals.  This shouldn't be as near as much of an issue if we make getting here easier.  We keep going after the little guy instead of hitting the process where it hurts.

ok so getting back on topic, what do we do about those who are deported and re-enter?

Maybe its a bit lib of me, but I cannot justify disallowing human beings from pursuing a better life. 

i don't mind, either - if they come here legally.

the solution is to reform the system, not ignore it.

Man walks into a school and kills 23 kindergartners... second amendment!!!  Can't change it, it is a right!!

Illegal alien kills a woman in a robbery -- THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS BROKEN AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Typical Americans.  Ignore the 99.99% of murders and fixate on the .01%.

Ha that was awesome

"Well, we can take this up later"

lol @ Geraldo being insulted when someone says he

sensationalizes everything

how dare you call me out publicly on the same crappy methods that have made me rich and famous!!

Man walks into a school and kills 23 kindergartners... second amendment!!!  Can't change it, it is a right!!

Illegal alien kills a woman in a robbery -- THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS BROKEN AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

i think it's yet another log on the immigration fire, nate, not a brand new fire.

Sorry nate, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts you have ever made on here.  

Sorry nate, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts you have ever made on here.  

Is it really?  Cons are going nuts about immigration reform.  But with all the gun murders they do everything they can to say that we shouldn't have any gun control reform?

yes nate it is.  Nothing happens in a vacuum.  This isn't, as you say, one incident.  You act like this is some new issue. 

It isn't.  Just like gun control/violence isn't just one incident.

You know that.  Not to mention, these two issues really have nothing to do with each other.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere if people would just be realistic. We have to get rid of the pipe dream crap that we know isn't going to change.

1. The border will never be secured. 2. Mexico is not going to be as prosperous as the U.S. anytime soon. 3. We are not going to stop giving away free crap anytime soon.

If we accept these facts maybe a dialogue with possible solutions could take place. While open borders is a nice thought, the way this country does business means we would go broke that much faster if we just allowed everyone to come. This is especially true for state and local governments who bear the brunt of the fed's horrible management of this issue. Here are my thoughts for the immigration issue.

1. There has to be a streamlined process to enter this country legally. The process as of now for legal immigration and/or naturalization is a fricking joke.

2. Anyone already here should be granted amesty and go through the above streamlined process. (this may not be popular but is really the only thing to do at this point)

3. Punish employers hard if they are hiring illegals. This shouldn't be as near as much of an issue if we make getting here easier. We keep going after the little guy instead of hitting the process where it hurts.

4. Shut off aid for anyone who still bypasses the immigration process.

Some good points in here. A big part of the immigration problem could be solved simply by making illegal aliens inelligible for any form of government aid and punishing employers who hire illegals.

There has to be some form of amnesty/legalization. Particularly for those brought here as minors.

Edited by wopphil

Didn't we try #1 a couple years ago?  That didn't seem to solve the problem.

Did you know that local Police cannot arrest/process for illegal immigration?  Until the walls are up, and the Border Patrol is reinforced nothing will change.  

Bottom line is that there needs to be a National/Federal immigration policy that will be ENFORCED by all states.