• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Woman gunned down in San Francisco. Suspect had been deported five times.

Wow.  Sounds like a general CYA to point the finger elsewhere.  The mayor says he will continue to make sure the laws aren't enforced.  I wish we had the luxury to pick and choose which laws to obey.

We continue to slide down a very slippery slope.  

Here's another one:

Illegal immigrant who caused Ariz. crash was deported six times in last three years

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/07/illegal-immigrant-who-caused-ariz-crash-was-deported-six-times-in-last-three/

Officials say a 29-year-old man who caused a motor vehicle accident that nearly killed an Arizona family on Independence Day is an illegal immigrant who has been deported six times.

Sheriff’s deputies in Maricopa, Arizona, say Manuel Perez-Vasquez was under the influence of drugs when he drove head-on in the opposing lane of traffic on a road in the town about 30 miles south of Phoenix, Fox10Phoenix reported.

Has nothing to do with AZ, he should have been locked up for re-entering after deportation.  This guy was deported 6 times (by the Feds) in the last 3 years.  So that means whoever arrested him, each time he was handed over to the Feds, who then sent him back to Mexico instead of locking him up.  And each time he just comes back into the U.S. because the border is insecure.  It's not clear where he crossed the border but the border is the responsibility of the federal government (U.S. Border Patrol, Department of Homeland Security).

In the case of the guy in S.F. the local authorities had him but there was no warrant for him so they just cut him loose.  Yes that's even worse but it's a different issue.

Arizona has some of the most conservative immigration laws in the country

Hmmmm.....

...And the laws in Arizona would be even more strict if the Obama administration through its chosen U.S. Attorney General and his office would not have sought to clamp down on Arizona trying to clamp down on U.S. immigration laws which the Federal government has chosen to mostly not enforce.  Especially in election years.

Again, the picking and choosing of which laws to enforce is a slippery slope and these deaths are representative of how slippery that slope has gotten.  

In March, Lopez-Sanchez finished serving time in a federal prison for illegally re-entering the US and violating his parole. He was then handed over to the San Francisco Sheriff's Department on outstanding drug charges that were later dismissed in court. The Sheriff's Department released Lopez-Sanchez, later saying that they never received a warrant or judicial order ICE to hold him. They received only a request for detention, which they said was not a legal basis to hold him. Lopez-Sanchez has since pleaded not guilty to Steinle's murder.

https://news.vice.com/article/us-immigrant-sanctuary-policies-under-fire-after-alleged-murder-by-man-deported-5-times

As I read this paragraph I saw much more to be outraged about than just the sanctuary policy. Doesn't ICE know which municipalities have these policies? Would it have been too inconvenient to actually serve a warrant?

Maybe I'm too old school but if I was an ICE officer I would have issued a warrant since to my knowledge that's what is used to detain suspected criminals.

On the other hand if I'm a sheriff and I receive a request for detention that I intend to ignore I would probably inform the department that issued the request of my intent.

I guess what I'm getting at is that to me it's incompetence at every level and by every entity involved. Let's at least pretend that when we enter public service we have the public interest somewhere on our priority list.

"Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton weighed in, too, though she misstated the role that cities play in deportation."

Ladys and Gentlemen, the Democratic National Party candidate for the Presidential election.

Edited by notti

Meanwhile, farther north in Washington, an illegal alien who had been deported shoots his 18-yr old girlfriend and her 3-yr old son and sets them on fire. The coroner says the boy probably was still alive when the fire engulfed their car.

http://q13fox.com/2015/07/09/coroner-3-year-old-boy-shot-by-mothers-boyfriend-was-alive-when-car-set-on-fire/

Edited by fan_since79

I get that most illegals here are not like this but obviously there are a few.  The US and every city has the duty and obligation to protect its citizens. The city of San Fransisco and the Federal Govt failed to do that. This was preventable and that woman should still be alive. I would be interested to hear what the city council has to say about this.

Edited by Angels N Skins