• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Polygamy - Time for it to be legalized?

What are you basing the "latest thing" on? Is it actual non-biased research, or are we talking about Christian views?

As far as I know, gayness being inborn is still what is generally accepted to be inborn.

Now the problem with your argument about "anti-natural law people are the new racists" is that so-called "anti-natural law" people aren't trying to dictate your lifestyle or not give you equal rights.

This is very simple, Juan: Are gay people equal? Should they be given equal rights as straight people? I think that Christians and "natural law" people should be given equal rights, just that their religious beliefs shouldn't dictate the lives of people who don't believe in their religious beliefs.

And yes, it is about going forward, about being progressive. Abolishing slavery was progress. Women getting the right to vote was progress. De-segregation was progress. And gay marriage is progress. Why? Because it is granting equal rights to more people and giving them greater freedom.

I can't find the article right now, but gay advocates are calling to abandon the strictly born gay argument, admitting that it was a tactic in the battle.

My own feeling is that effeminate behavior can be deep seated in men, meaning that it could have been some developmental or psychological trauma. This is different from having sex with men which has been more or less popular in different cultures. What happened with the Christian revolution is that the Romans and Greeks (later, the Japanese whose warriors always had boys around to bone) abandoned the casual gayness in their culture so that only the deep-seated gays continued to practice gayness.

In women, it's either political, choice, or some trauma with men. It's not inborn.

Gay people have always had equal rights. I think the next civil rights battle is ensuring that children have both of their parents. It's their civil rights. You're against it just like people used to be for slavery.

Edited by Juan Savage

I can't find the article right now, but gay advocates are calling to abandon the strictly born gay argument, admitting that it was a tactic in the battle.

My own feeling is that effeminate behavior can be deep seated in men, meaning that it could have been some developmental or psychological trauma. This is different from having sex with men which has been more or less popular in different cultures. What happened with the Christian revolution is that the Romans and Greeks (later, the Japanese whose warriors always had boys around to bone) abandoned the casual gayness in their culture so that only the deep-seated gays continued to practice gayness.

In women, it's either political, choice, or some trauma with men. It's not inborn.

Gay people have always had equal rights. I think the next civil rights battle is ensuring that children have both of their parents. It's their civil rights. You're against it just like people used to be for slavery.

What's it like knowing so much about the world Juan?

I find it interesting that he makes the statement that liberals "try to shut down debate to consolidate gains", when generally it is conservatives who want their choice to be the only one available. Example: Abortion. Conservatives want it to be unavailable under any circumstance. Liberals want for it to be an option, but they don't try to compel anyone to get one. Conservatives tried to shut down Planned Parenthood, which was helping to prevent conception in the first place.

I am all for freedom of choice. I am against limiting choice to one option.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I find it interesting that he makes the statement that liberals "try to shut down debate to consolidate gains", when generally it is conservatives who want their choice to be the only one available. Example: Abortion. Conservatives want it to be unavailable under any circumstance. Liberals want for it to be an option, but they don't try to compel anyone to get one. Conservatives tried to shut down Planned Parenthood, which was helping to prevent conception in the first place.

my Facebook feed every week has memes about how republicans have screwed this country six ways to sunday or how barry is one of the best presidents we've ever had because look at all his accomplishments. i have seen almost zero memes lauding the accomplishments of republicans or how awful the dems have been.

i know this is anecdotal evidence, but i see far more from the dems than i do from repubs. far more.

that being said, i don't agree with any of the "all or none" kind of memes that are out there. both sides have screwed all of us multiple times, and both are guilty of pretty much the same things they accuse the other side of doing to sabotage the country.

Please, abortion rights advocates are continually trying to shut down pro-life clinics.  This is not debatable.  

the clinic my wife and I volunteer at, and a majority of ones I know of, give free ultrasounds, pregnancy counseling and parenting training.  We have a trained nurse who performs the ultrasounds .  

No scary pictures, no propaganda, we just simply do not refer for abortions.  

Not everyone is that ethical. There have been bills passed in some states requiring doctors to lie to patients about effects of abortions in an attempt to get women to forgo them. If you can't overturn the law, at least give our false information about it.

The GOP’s anti-abortion tactic: Order teachers and doctors to lie

For the record, I'm pro-life and I would like to see abortions curtailed, especially those done as a matter of convenience. That said, I don't believe that I have the right to force that decision on anyone.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

the clinic my wife and I volunteer at, and a majority of ones I know of, give free ultrasounds, pregnancy counseling and parenting training.  We have a trained nurse who performs the ultrasounds .  

No scary pictures, no propaganda, we just simply do not refer for abortions.  

Awesome, I didn't know that places like this existed.  Glad to hear you are doing good work for people who need it. 

my Facebook feed every week has memes about how republicans have screwed this country six ways to sunday or how barry is one of the best presidents we've ever had because look at all his accomplishments. i have seen almost zero memes lauding the accomplishments of republicans or how awful the dems have been.

Come to Texas. Make some friends. Add them on Facebook. Your view will change.