• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you want Scioscia to resign

NrM

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scioscia to resign

Question for the "Yes" people:

" how would this benefit the team this year?"

well for starters:

1.  cj "i swing at pitches 20 feet off the plate" cron would stop getting so many ab's

2.  the team would stop giving away charitable outs on the bases

3.  the team would start using scouting reports for the first time in 16 years.

want more or is that enough?

The roster this year is largely the same as last year.

So the players are underperforming because.....of dipoto?

No they are underperforming because Sosh keeps giving them the strike out sign with runners on base, which I'll admit is a bold strategy.

It is laughable that anyone with a brain would blame the "performance" of Joyce and Iannetta on anyone other than the players themselves.

Who's responsible for their performance?

If it's not the manager and/or coaches, then why even have a coaching staff. Firing scioscia would have zero impact on the team with that logic

This is one of those discussions we've had over and over again.

well for starters:

1.  cj "i swing at pitches 20 feet off the plate" cron would stop getting so many ab's

2.  the team would stop giving away charitable outs on the bases

3.  the team would start using scouting reports for the first time in 16 years.

want more or is that enough?

You have no idea if those things would occur. If he resigned, there's a 99% that an interim manager from within would take over.

You have no idea if those things would occur. If he resigned, there's a 99% that an interim manager from within would take over.

I would add that most of those guys are not even half as capable of managing as Scioscia. 

I voted for him to leave, but it's mostly because it appears that he refuses to use EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION possible to obtain a goal, and is not up to the task of being a manager in today's game.  It's up to him to use all of this information and disseminate it to the staff and players.  Weather he believes in these analytics or not, it seems that to not take any advantage to gain an edge is completely inappropriate. 

Most of all, I'm ecstatic that people are FINALLY using the word, "resign" correctly. 

Asshats. 

Question for the "No" people, how would that benefit the team this year and beyond?

The benefit to this year is to maintain a continuity that was only slightly upset with the GM quitting. A new manager and coaching staff mid season would certainly sink the momentum they have as player struggle to understand the new system without the benefit of a Spring Training lead in.  

Who's responsible for their performance?

If it's not the manager and/or coaches, then why even have a coaching staff. Firing scioscia would have zero impact on the team with that logic

This statement clearly represents your lack of knowledge of what a manger and coaches are responsible for or why Scioscia's teams always out perform their Pythagorean while the A's are now in last place with the "Best GM" in the majors. 

Am I tired of looking at the fat man? Yes.

But for him to leave right now won't change anything and as much as it pains me to defend the guy, you can't blame him for the lack of talent this roster has.

I mean outside of Trout, both Pujols and Aybar are streaky hitters. Freese is trash, guys like Iannetta, Cron, Joyce and Perez couldn't hit a beach ball if it was placed on a tee for them. Calhoun seems to have taken a step back this year as well. We don't possess any speed outside of a couple players, this team is built for exactly the opposite of what Sosh likes to do.

Going into this year I expected it to be somewhat of a rebuilding year. However, thanks to a weak division we're right in the middle of things... I'd love to see this team make a move or two give Sosh some talent to work with and see what happens.

Scioscia leaving now would only make things worse.

DiPoto is gone -- the DiPoto-Scioscia 'relationship' good, bad, indifferent (all of the above at times, perhaps never really that 'good') is OVER.

If Scioscia is going to stay through to the end of his contract, then a solution needs to be found. Halos will likely never get an experienced GM with Scioscia as manager -- we all said so much for the past five -six plus years (ever since Stoneman left). Stoneman is a good interim fix but he's interim and had no intention of being anything otherwise.

folks here had all sort of negative stuff/ comments to say when I mentioned making Scioscia GM (kick him upstairs) through the end of his contract and bring in a manager he could work with (my top choice would be Bud Black, hands down)..........then when Scioscia's contract is up, make him special assistant to the owner (sort of like Lasorda's role with the Dodgers) and bring in a real GM.

I thought Plaschke's column on Thursday blasting Arte was really unfair........ but that's what sports columnists get to do -- state their opinion -- more power to them but we don't have to agree and I don't (with that column).

This is a good point. As i have been chastised here for being obsessed with the timing of JD resignation I have began to think the real problem is with Arte nor Scioscia. Resigning in the middle of the season because of battles with Scioscia doesn't make sense. The team still has a chance for a championship despite those battles. However Arte tying JDs hands is a much deeper issue and I could see a scenario where resignation is the move for JD.

This is a good point that hasn't been discussed enough. For JD to leave like this he must have really been fed up with Arte.