• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you want Scioscia to resign

NrM

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scioscia to resign

Because I think he actually means a lot to the clubhouse and players and I don't want to sacrifice this season. It would be different if I felt he'd lost the players but, in fact, this may have cause them to rally around him. I just don't want him making player personnel decisions or picking and choosing at random what analytics he's gonna use going forward.

This. I have my own opinions, and to be fair, theres a few players who dont like him. That said im sure thats in no way unique to this team vs every other team.

For right now it would be bad if he left. Theres already enough drama. I dont see how it would help anything. Like Doc said, he hasnt lost the players (yet).

I think a lot is going to depend on what the other front office types think. Just for the sake of argument, it obviously looks like sosh is a prick and the root of the problem. But theres still the possibility its been blown out of proportion and dipoto acted rashly. Im not at all suggesting thats the case, just that nobody really knows for sure what the hell happened.

But if the rest of the FO staff begins calling sosh out (to moreno, not the media), then yes, he should go.i also think this would be the time arte needs to ask his players on a one on one basis what they think. I know people dont like arte getting involved, but in terms of the clubhouse, arte would never know whats the truth if he only gets it 3rd hand through filters.

I'm confused as to how this team had the best record out of THIRTY teams with Scioscia withholding valuable analytic information from his players.

I would think a player could sue Scioscia for withholding valuable information that would make him a better player and get him a bigger contract.

The first part is a very legit question. What happened between last year to now? Obviously roster changes, but it seemed like last year sosh and dipoto were on the same page. Did one or the other suddenly start/stop doing something in particular?

I am the opposite. I don't want him to resign. However i think he needs to.

but after the halos are knocked out of the race.

I don't think he should resign because I don't think he did anything that would be worthy of resigning but I would want him to resign. I doubt it will happen

That is why I said at the end of the season. You may want to mock my position but a lot of people still would rather compete for a championship instead of throwing in a towel because others are cooperating with him.

He can't resign now. I read somewhere that is it totally uncool to resign in the middle of the season. You just can't do something like that. So unprofessional.

Voted yes.  But sometimes stuff like this can be ignition source and lead to a hot streak.  Ride out the hot hand-even if he stays next season.   If the club flops around remainder of season -next year new GM/manager/coaches.

In the off season, yes, right now, no. However, I believe that if Scioscia would have resigned instead of Dipoto, it would have had less impact on this team for the remainder of the season, especially if Stoneman wasn't still with the club in his capacity. I just think there is a bigger drop off from Dipoto to his assistant GMs than there is from Scioscia to Baylor or Ebel or Disar.

Short of Pujols arguing with Dipoto, how does anyone outside the clubhouse know that Scioscia has (or doesn't have) the support of the players?  And, really, bfd either way.  Seems likely that guys like Freese, Iannetta, Joice would love Scioscia's renowned patience with underperforming vets. 

Voted yes, but wait for the offseason.  Bring in new GM with FULL authority over Scioscia's empire, including Scioscia.  Leadership is needed that is equally patient with young players.  Recruit more athletes and teach them to hit, catch, and throw baseballs.  Dump the fools gold strategy of hiring the most expensive FA.

Scioscia had a good run, but is in decline, along with many of his precious vets.  The team must get younger and more athletic.

Firing someone is not about punishing them, it's about doing so if you have someone lined up who can do a better job. I'm not sure we are there yet.

That's right.  Some of you guys have to get rid of the hate before it consumes you.  It's alright and appropriate to want a change, but if it's all about punishment then you are no better than vindictive hags.  Until the emotion leaves you have no chance of thinking rationally.

Troll Daddy (pimpmyteam)'s antics used to be cute and funny in a "aww look he's trying so hard!" kind of way. Now he's just annoying and adds absolutely no discussion to the forum. I honestly hope he gets banned.

Why, because he says things that challenge conventional thinking?  I think we need more of that, not less.  I realize there is a point when it becomes inflammatory (trolling), but most of it doesn't seem that way to me.  My impression is that he mostly believes what he says.  There are plenty of crappy posts to go around on this board in my opinion, including mine, but I would hate to see this board reduced to 20-30 individuals who agree with each and who offer nothing but criticisms.  Let's lighten up a little.

If you don't agree, I'm fine with that, it's not personal.  Carry on!

Is Scioscia did resign what manager would want to step into the Angels situation? If Arte cleaned house than Trout and Pujols would probably want to get traded. Geez think what kind of team we would be watching if that happened.

If Scioscia resigned a quality GM could be hired knowing he had full control to re-create the franchise within his/her vision from the top down.  As it stands now, every potential GM candidate would have Scioscia and his overall grip on the franchise's vision and direction with which to contend.  Its just a fact...as long as Scioscia is here, things will not change.

This is a good point that hasn't been discussed enough. For JD to leave like this he must have really been fed up with Arte.

Absolutely correct.  It's the owner and his staff's job (Carfino?) to see that the organization is functioning successfully, or to effect the changes necessary to ensure that it does.  He made his choice, and while it may not have been what is popular or the choice that many here would have made, he did what he felt what was proper under the circumstances, and he let Dipoto walk.  Given that he is the only person that knows all of the details, and that he is the appropriate person to make this decision, it is what it is.  I've been in the corporate world for a long time, senior executives come and go all the time, no one is ever indispensable.  And if they don't want to be there, they usually have the resources to move on to what is more comfortable for them, and off they go.  In this case it seems to me that Arte didn't address the issues here early enough, nor was he decisive in a timely manner, or this would have been dealt with long ago.  Usually when the smoke appears, a fire follows. 

Baseball is public entertainment, run by private companies and individuals, not public companies.  It competes with other forms of entertainment.  The fans are the customers, what they say means little and fans have no responsibility for the successful operation of the private companies (teams). Yeah I know, the players say they need the fans all the time, they need your dollars to fuel their salaries, and they need you to pump themselves up and feel important and needed, who doesn't want that.  

All this doesn't mean we can't have some fun blabbing about it on a message board.  If the fans are not entertained by the teams, they can simply move on to other forms of entertainment with no repercussion to their daily lives.  So if you have no responsibility or authority in the operation of the teams, it does little good to work your state of emotion to a boiling point, and let it consume you're life in any way.  That said, I'll be pissed if the Rangers (and Hamilton) win tonight.