• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you rather Arte remained owner, or go back to Disney?

Arte would be fine if he quit making baseball decisions. He hires people to do that, but he won't let them do their jobs without interference. Granted, since he owns the club that's his privilege, but if he wants to be successful on the field he needs to let his baseball people handle things.

Disney.  Spending a billion for a new stadium is chump change for them.  

Then again, there is no money in it for them.  So Anaheim would have to sweeten the deal in some way.  But considering how much Disney will spend overall, it won't be a problem for CoA as much as it is for Arte.

Why would you want to take a monorail to over crowded parking?

?

Tourists/guests could enjoy the theme park during the day, take a trip to the ballpark on the monorail for a 7pm game, then head back to the park at night after the game is over. Theme park/baseball game ticket combo pack.

1 up it with extending it even further to the Ducks when baseball isn't being played and hockey is going on. They're just as fun to watch and actually have success in the playoffs, anyway.

Arte would be fine if he quit making baseball decisions. He hires people to do that, but he won't let them do their jobs without interference. Granted, since he owns the club that's his privilege, but if he wants to be successful on the field he needs to let his baseball people handle things.

I would have a higher opinion of Arte if he went full Jerry Jones and openly labeled himself GM, with Stoneman and whoever eventually replaces Stoneman being titled Assistant GM.

He has the right to do whatever he wants with his money regardless, but hiring baseball operations people then privately tying their hands with big splash moves and maintaining a dysfunctional chain of command is still not cool.

Edited by ScottLux

It depends....

1. Do we have to wear those periwinkle blues?

2. Will Disney spend enough to be at least a mid market team!

If the answer to those is no and yes, I take Disney every single time.

What if the answer is no and yes, but they require that Mo Vaughn be brought back to manage the team?

Arte is to emotional and makes hasty decisions. I didn't like that he tried to take Anaheim off of the team name and then tried to greedily scam the land from the city. I hope he sells the team sooner than later. Disney doesn't want the Angels as owners or neighbors.

You don't think Disney won't make a deal preferable only to Disney for the land and rename the team to whatever they feel like? After all, the renamed them from the California Angels to Anaheim and put the players in movie promotional uniforms.

I started disliking arte during spring training 2014.

We had some good seats between homeplate and the angels dugout. About 5 rows behind arte.

He brought his personal cooler with what must have been a 12 pack of coors light. He went through that pack in about 4 innings. BC some clubhouse guy took the cooler (I assume refilled it) and then brought it back 10 min later and arte grabs a cold one.

He could pay millions for players to beat his own team but can't throw a few bucks to get drunk.

Arte is to emotional and makes hasty decisions. I didn't like that he tried to take Anaheim off of the team name and then tried to greedily scam the land from the city. I hope he sells the team sooner than later. Disney doesn't want the Angels as owners or neighbors.

I would have to disagree with you on this one.  Reason why they sold the Angels and Ducks was at the time, Disney was losing money.  Lot's of it.  It was to placate the shareholders who were already calling for Eisners head.  

And if Disney didn't want the Angels as neighbors, they wouldn't have spent some $200+ million renovating the stadium and getting a long term very favorable lease from the city.

Sorry claude.  Misread the first part of your post.  But the second part still stands.  Actually the first part might still stand since Disney is in the black again.

Edited by gotbeer

I started disliking arte during spring training 2014.

We had some good seats between homeplate and the angels dugout. About 5 rows behind arte.

He brought his personal cooler with what must have been a 12 pack of coors light. He went through that pack in about 4 innings. BC some clubhouse guy took the cooler (I assume refilled it) and then brought it back 10 min later and arte grabs a cold one.

He could pay millions for players to beat his own team but can't throw a few bucks to get drunk.

Solid reasoning.

...are you suggesting disney isnt greedy?

And the argument could be made that disney changed the name to anaheim to begin with...from california

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

I get thqt wveryone is pissed right now, but how many of you remember the disney years?

You guys really think this is worse? Because dipoto left? Is this any more buzzworthy than the collins fiasco? Hamilton bad pub vs tony phillips bad pub? IPs story about why we traded edmonds, a possible HOFr...

I know someone will say disney won a ring, cool. They did that because of a smart GM, not because of disney...not anything because of disney. Arte may shit the bed sometimes but at least he tries. The fact this team was owned by disney and still in the bottom tier of payroll was pathetic.

Under disney we were one of the possible contraction teams...worse uniforms in team history...had cheerleaders....TWO rally monkeys named scoop and clutch...

Cmon guys...

I get thqt wveryone is pissed right now, but how many of you remember the disney years?

You guys really think this is worse? Because dipoto left? Is this any more buzzworthy than the collins fiasco? Hamilton bad pub vs tony phillips bad pub? IPs story about why we traded edmonds, a possible HOFr...

I know someone will say disney won a ring, cool. They did that because of a smart GM, not because of disney...not anything because of disney. Arte may shit the bed sometimes but at least he tries. The fact this team was owned by disney and still in the bottom tier of payroll was pathetic.

Under disney we were one of the possible contraction teams...worse uniforms in team history...had cheerleaders....TWO rally monkeys named scoop and clutch...

Cmon guys...

Disney also learned from their mistakes and gave us the uniform scheme we use today.  

And let's not forget the Erstad trade they nixed that the baseball people had made that just needed approval.  

And their payroll was around mid league.  Sometimes a bit below, but not bottom tier.