• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roger Lodge calls Sosh an analytics expert & says Pujols can play until he's 50

I just put on Roger Lodge for a few minutes, a caller was hammering Scioscia and Moreno, and mentioned Pujols' contract.  Roger Lodge said he believes that Albert 'will still be able to turn on a fastball when he's 50.'  He also claimed Scioscia is an analytics expert based on Tim Salmon saying that Scioscia used to print out a lot of stuff on computers 10 years ago.  He also cited Mota and Goober as sources.  He said that he doesn't think analytics or scouting had anything to do with Dipoto/Scioscia's problems, he said 'some people just don't like each other.'

I just put on Roger Lodge for a few minutes, a caller was hammering Scioscia and Moreno, and mentioned Pujols' contract.  Roger Lodge said he believes that Albert 'will still be able to turn on a fastball when he's 50.'  He also claimed Scioscia is an analytics expert based on Tim Salmon saying that Scioscia used to print out a lot of stuff on computers 10 years ago.  He also cited Mota and Goober as sources.  He said that he doesn't think analytics or scouting had anything to do with Dipoto/Scioscia's problems, he said 'some people just don't like each other.'

I suppose that he didn't believe that the first statement was enough to kill his credibility, so he finished the job with the second one.

Roger Lodge know more about sports and baseball than most of you. What Tim Salmon said about Scioscia's use of analytics is true. Scioscia uses old school, feel, and analytics as a manager. There's a good chance that Scioscia will be the first Angel elected into the HOF if he completes his contract with the Angels.

That being said ... I'm not a big fan of his show but the dude is sports savvy.

Roger Lodge know more about sports and baseball than most of you. What Tim Salmon said about Scioscia's use of analytics is true. Scioscia uses old school, feel, and analytics as a manager. There's a good chance that Scioscia will be the first Angel elected into the HOF if he completes his contract with the Angels.

Not your best work

That being said ... I'm not a big fan of his show but the dude is sports savvy.

What do he know?

Ok here it goes, and this might come as a surprise to some of you. I HATE Roger Lodge, he is simply put the worst sports radio guy there is. I would rather listen to that guy that's screams at you on MLB Network than listen to Lodge. If Physioc ****ed Hudler and they had a shitty kid, that shitty kid would be called a Roger Lodge. Even after all the crap that has happened this year, Roger Lodge is still the worst thing associated with Angels baseball.

Now I believe Sosh uses analytics, I have no doubt he does, my guess is he thinks he uses them more than he does or he uses outdated analytics.

I've never listened to him before. How does one go about pronouncing his name? Is it "Roger Law-dge" or "Roger Low-dge". I've always said the latter in my head when I see his name because the former sounds absolutely hilarious. Like it's some kind of male strip club slash barbecue pit located in Lexington, Kentucky.