• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale: Moving Forward

I don't for a second think that Arte is selling. He's a business man. Despite sagging attendance, he wants to develop on that property. He is for the money. It's only a matter of time until all Angels fans are fed up with McCourt Jr. (Although he's much smarter and more successful than Frank.)

I don't for a second think that Arte is selling. He's a business man. Despite sagging attendance, he wants to develop on that property. He is for the money. It's only a matter of time until all Angels fans are fed up with McCourt Jr. (Although he's much smarter and more successful than Frank.)

He'll sell Soto, I just don't know when. He said in an interview last year that he isn't getting any younger and something along the lines of his kids not being nearly as passionate about sports.

I don't know how much of his own money he has invested in this team, but you would think he could sell for around $1 billion, which is a nice little gain.

Arte is going to have to make one of three choices in the off season:

Sosh

Front office Saber guys

Or sell

Oh and if he decides to sell Sosh will be gone to rid the team of the contract

Moreno has painted himself into a corner IMO -- he's going to have to take a blind leap of faith moving forward..   If you're an up and coming GM or a talented young front officer type with ambition..  do you choose a GM job where you have full autonomy, or one where you have to worry about being overruled by the GM and possibly your manager?

I don't care if MS leads this team on a run that ultimately ends up with them winning the WS...  Whoever Moreno signs must be given full control of this team and if that means allowing him to remove MS in favor of his own guy then so be it.  

Is there a chance MS could go somewhere else, do well and make the Angels look foolish -- sure..  But, will it make them look any dumber than they have this season?  Nope.

He'll sell Soto, I just don't know when. He said in an interview last year that he isn't getting any younger and something along the lines of his kids not being nearly as passionate about sports.

I don't know how much of his own money he has invested in this team, but you would think he could sell for around $1 billion, which is a nice little gain.

Perhaps you're right. He seems like the guy that would develop so he could turn 1 bill into 2 bill. I don't care for the guy. I don't know who I'd like taking the reigns (Samueli is always mentioned.) I'd like someone fun, personable, and a guy who connects with the fans. For some people it's Arte. Not for me though.

I know nothing about Samueli, but I agree that it would be great to have one of those high energy guys owning the team. I will always be grateful to Arte for turning the Angels into a large market team that can compete with the big boys as it relates to contracts, but it might be time for a total tear down.

i am not taking sides in any of this, i am a fan of the team and the sport and could care less what goes on behind the scenes, but it seems like these national sports guys are really trying to stir up trouble here

a lot of these quotes i am seeing are down right ridiculous

i am not taking sides in any of this, i am a fan of the team and the sport and could care less what goes on behind the scenes, but it seems like these national sports guys are really trying to stir up trouble here

agreed. Yeah, theres a ton to be said, but going back to the hamilton thing, theyre (imo) going overboard on some things being mentioned

On the other hand, a media circus could eventually pressure Arte into selling the team. 

I have said this before Sosh has to go at end of season. I am betting he opts out of the contract. When things get this ugly in public everyone has to go.

The only scenario i can see that not happening is I'd it wasn't Scioscia that ran JD out but Arte tying his hands. However all of the speculation in the media would have to be way off base.

Arte is going to have to make one of three choices in the off season:

Sosh

Front office Saber guys

Or sell

Oh and if he decides to sell Sosh will be gone to rid the team of the contract

Agreed

Moreno has painted himself into a corner IMO -- he's going to have to take a blind leap of faith moving forward.. If you're an up and coming GM or a talented young front officer type with ambition.. do you choose a GM job where you have full autonomy, or one where you have to worry about being overruled by the GM and possibly your manager?

I don't care if MS leads this team on a run that ultimately ends up with them winning the WS... Whoever Moreno signs must be given full control of this team and if that means allowing him to remove MS in favor of his own guy then so be it.

Is there a chance MS could go somewhere else, do well and make the Angels look foolish -- sure.. But, will it make them look any dumber than they have this season? Nope.

Henry and Susan Samueli are high energy owners ?  Lol, I love the Ducks and I think they are fine owners but they are not what I would characterize as "high energy". Also, I would have great doubts about the funds they would provide this team.  The Ducks are like 100k over the cap FLOOR.  That may not entirely be their doing, but they don't exactly have an open check book.  They sprang to pay Scott Niedermeyer and Chris Pronger years ago.   We shall see if they are willing to pay the bill to keep Ryan Kesler.  Alright, back to baseball.

I pray to God that Arte sells this team.  Its his "tinkering" that has gotten us to this situation - on all accounts.

True....but I remember Jackie Autry and Disney....I hope he's learned some hard lessons...And I hope he can find a capable GM that can work with Scioscia....or, though I'm not advocating it, Scioscia can opt out this fall and we can start over with a new GM and manager...

True....but I remember Jackie Autry and Disney....I hope he's learned some hard lessons...And I hope he can find a capable GM that can work with Scioscia....or, though I'm not advocating it, Scioscia can opt out this fall and we can start over with a new GM and manager...

If all he is going to do is find another GM and then tell said GM who to sign and not give him control over the field manager... things will not improve.

If all he is going to do is find another GM and then tell said GM who to sign and not give him control over the field manager... things will not improve.

I guess you have to hope that, if Scioscia is back, the new GM can work with him.....and that goes beyond the obvious imbalance of power.....you can have a decent working relationship even if you disagree on some things and even when the Manager may have more power than he should....I don't think DiPoto and Scioscia had a functional working relationship, for reasons beyond the "power structure"....

Beyond that, if Arte wants to continue meddling and makes a bad GM hire, you're right, we probably are screwed....