• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia being copied

For YEARS Scioscia was the only manager who would do the 6 man infield with the winning run at 3b. 

I loved watching Erstad changing gloves and running all over the place.

At some point I wondered "Is our manager crazy? Noone else is doing this."

Anyone else notice now more and more teams are using this Scioscia defense?

For YEARS Scioscia was the only manager who would do the 6 man infield with the winning run at 3b. 

I loved watching Erstad changing gloves and running all over the place.

At some point I wondered "Is our manager crazy? Noone else is doing this."

Anyone else notice now more and more teams are using this Scioscia defense?

Why not just have the pitcher throw it and run backwards like in slow pitch men's softball?

6 man infield?  

If you mean the arrangement with only 2 guys left in the outfield, that's usually called a 5-man infield (pitcher and catcher don't count as "infielders" usually, even though both have roles there on defense). 

6 man infield?  

If you mean the arrangement with only 2 guys left in the outfield, that's usually called a 5-man infield (pitcher and catcher don't count as "infielders" usually, even though both have roles there on defense). 

After the pitcher pitches or steps off the rubber he is an infielder, but yes that arrangement.