• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia's tenure

I don't think Scioscia will opt out and here's why:

First of all, no team is gonna come close to paying him $6M/yr. The only person in the world who thinks that highly of him is Arte.

Secondly, he will have nowhere near the hammer anywhere else that he has w/ the Angels. Those days are over except in Anaheim, and a hiring GM for another club is not gonna give Mike that authority.

If Mike wants to go do a 5 year rebuild in Philly, then maybe that is an option.

He ain't going to the Dodgers. The Dodgers front office might be the most SABR-oriented in the game. Anyone think Andrew Friedman and Farhan Zaidi have any interest in bringing in a "Old-school" dinosaur to manage their $270M payroll? LOL

The Angels are stuck with Scioscia for better or worse.

Edited by 405z06

Don't worry he is going to opt out at the end of the year. Bet on it.

Hope so. At this point, the team just needs to move in an entirely new direction. Both Sosh and Dipoto go....Arte gets the new GM first, then the GM can find his new Manager where they can actually be on the same page with regards to things

I bet otherwise. Let's revisit at the end of year and see who is right.

I don't think Scioscia will opt out and here's why:

First of all, no team is gonna come close to paying him $6M/yr. The only person in the world who thinks that highly of him is Arte.

Secondly, he will have nowhere near the hammer anywhere else that he has w/ the Angels. Those days are over except in Anaheim, and a hiring GM for another club is not gonna give Mike that authority.

If Mike wants to go do a 5 year rebuild in Philly, then maybe that is an option.

He ain't going to the Dodgers. The Dodgers front office might be the most SABR-oriented in the game. Anyone think Andrew Friedman and Farhan Zaidi have any interest in bringing in a "Old-school" dinosaur to manage their $270M payroll? LOL

The Angels are stuck with Scioscia for better or worse.

I am willing to bet that is what Arte is thinking. I am also willing to bet that he would "Scioscia" to opt out. Moreno is in a no win situation by keeping Scioscia at 5 he end of this year.

Hope so. At this point, the team just needs to move in an entirely new direction. Both Sosh and Dipoto go....Arte gets the new GM first, then the GM can find his new Manager where they can actually be on the same page with regards to things

I agree storm, I think both will be gone, and Arte will get a chance to start over clean next year.  That's the best course for the long haul.  That much change will be hard to deal with for the first couple of years (especially for the fans), but the team will eventually reach a tremendous amount of salary relief, probably about 2018, and then the new organization can have a great opportunity for some glory.

This organization needs to reduce the expectation level for awhile to give them an opportunity to rebuild for the long haul anyway.  I wouldn't do anything, if Dipoto leaves, to add salary until a completely new organization and coaching staff is in place.

Reflecting on all of this, if Dipoto leaves it's probably a great gift to the franchise if it starts a complete rebuild of the organization.  But the fans better find some other things to do during baseball season to lower their frustrations while it happens.

Edited by tomsred