• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sociology prof: "Whiteness is terror."

This is incorrect. 5% of ALL professors are Marxist. 20% of social sciences are straight Marxist. A further 20% of social sciences are radical and of those 43% agree that their philosophy is Marxist. The difference is how they identify themselves.

Your numbers keep shrinking. And again, you are using a sub culture not the profession as a whole. You would be great fodder on the main board when you rationalize Mathis being the greatest hitter in Angels history by pointing to his playoff stats in the ALCS.

And let's be clear, all of those professors that claim to be Marxists suddenly become capitalist when they are looking at tenure and a retirement plan. My sister is a sworn liberal and drives around in a BMW, never recycles, always asks for plastic and lives in a house with no solar. So yeah, all talk which sounds good with her other lib friends on facebook.

Hey, I want to sound educated so as a Sociology professor I will answer the questionnaire on the party line and then go home and crack open a bottle from my wine of the month club while checking on how AAPL did this week.

I am quoting a thorough survey done by two non conservative college professors. The results are consistent with my experience.

I have read commentary on both sides that take the results seriously.

Here's commentary from a conservative. Notice that the survey's authors are not trying to prove any particular point. I disagree that Marxism is nonsense. It's very destructive and makes untrue claims, but its very seductive to a certain mind. I can't do the quotes on my phone. Below is the quote. I'll provide the liberal commentary later.

Neil Gross and Solon Simmons, the authors of the study, hasten to say, "Move along, nothing to see here."...

In contrast, I urge you to rubberneck. If 18% of biologists believed in creationism, that would be a big deal. Why? Because creationism is nonsense. Similarly, if 18% of social scientists believe in Marxism, that too is a big deal. Why? Because Marxism is nonsense. Furthermore, if 18% of a discipline fully embrace a body of nonsense, there is also probably a large bloc of nonsense sympathizers - people who won't swallow the nonsense whole, but nevertheless see great value in it. Suppose, plausibly, that there is one fellow traveler for every true believer. That would bring the share of abject intellectual corruption to fully 35% - and 51% in sociology.

Well, you seem to know a lot about Fox News. :)

I don't understand this comment.I got cable last week to watch the Angel games. I need to watch every game to bring my analysis and commentary to Angels Win. Yet, I will probably receive no thanks from you, MT.

Bottom line is that statements like the lady in the OP, feminism, gender theory, race theory, and lots of things dont make sense unless youre familiar with Marxism. The lady is not crazy. I bet few of her colleagues think she's crazy. She's a Marxist.

LOL, MT served me and Juan goes on the defensive.  Priceless.  

I need to watch every game to bring my analysis and commentary to Angels Win. 

I would rather you show us how you rock.

It isn't always about you Juan, you need to pay better attention. 

Edited by Kurt Swanson

Now the number is 18%? And why would a social scientist believe Marxism as a political and social structure didn't exist? How is it nonsense if adapted by so many nations to be the basis of unionized labor? Or in some nations a form of government. based on Marxist - Leninist principles?

Now the number is 18%? And why would a social scientist believe Marxism as a political and social structure didn't exist? How is it nonsense if adapted by so many nations to be the basis of unionized labor? Or in some nations a form of government. based on Marxist - Leninist principles?

I think you're skipping over things. 18% of social science professors are self described Marxists. Another percentage say that Marxism describes their philosophy. There are others, I'm guessing, that sympathize with it.

I never called Marxism nonsense. In fact, I said the opposite. I think it's wrong and destructive, but I can see its attraction to a certain kind of person.

So, we all agree on the influence of Marxism in the social sciences, at least?

Wait, first it was 50%, then somewhere around 25%, then 5%, now back up to 18%. Keep going, Juan, eventually you will talk yourself back into 50%, if you haven't already. Oh wait, you did.

Suppose, plausibly, that there is one fellow traveler for every true believer. That would bring the share of abject intellectual corruption to fully 35% - and 51% in sociology.

As for denying you called Marxism nonsense.

In contrast, I urge you to rubberneck. If 18% of biologists believed in creationism, that would be a big deal. Why? Because creationism is nonsense. Similarly, if 18% of social scientists believe in Marxism, that too is a big deal. Why? Because Marxism is nonsense.

Uh, yeah, you said Marxism is nonsense.

Along with a lot of other nonsense.

Edited by notti

Wait, first it was 50%, then somewhere around 25%, then 5%, now back up to 18%. Keep going, Juan, eventually you will talk yourself back into 50%, if you haven't already. Oh wait, you did.

As for denying you called Marxism nonsense.

Uh, yeah, you said Marxism is nonsense.

Along with a lot of other nonsense.

Notti. Calm down. First, I explained the 50% number above. Second, I said that I can't quote things on my phone. I placed that above the "nonsense" quote. The guy I quoted said it. I then said that I didn't think it was nonsense in the same way that scientology is nonsense, for example. Edited by Juan Savage

Juan, the only thing constant about anything you've posted is the inconsistencies wrapped in convoluted circle arguments that you make, deny, remake and deny again all the while posting information that negates your original statements, then somehow you run full circle and say, Viola! I have proved it to you, when in fact all you've proven is you can't keep track of your own falsehoods.

But other than that I agree with everything you've said.

Or didn't.

Juan, the only thing constant about anything you've posted is the inconsistencies wrapped in convoluted circle arguments that you make, deny, remake and deny again all the while posting information that negates your original statements, then somehow you run full circle and say, Viola! I have proved it to you, when in fact all you've proven is you can't keep track of your own falsehoods.

But other than that I agree with everything you've said.

Or didn't.

I'm disappointed that I spent about 30 minutes trying to explain how studies show that Marxism is a large influence in modern US social studies. You seemed to be agreeing. Maybe you realized that and didn't want to agree with me after accusing me of lying.

To others on the board, if you understand Marxism, you will understand everything about the modern left, most of whom think they're just being fair and good.

Edited by Juan Savage

Thanks, Tank. I will.

Tobias, I like philosophy and related subjects (history and religion, but it also touches upon things like art and literature) I also used to be pretty left in college and most of my friends were/are left.

Now, remember, most people aren't aware of the influences that make up their world view. Not because they're dumb but because their mind is on something else. Think of how many take for granted the idea that people have rights and should be equal under the law. So, many people have Marxist ideas and don't know where they came from.

Thanks, Tank. I will.

Tobias, I like philosophy and related subjects (history and religion, but it also touches upon things like art and literature) I also used to be pretty left in college and most of my friends were/are left.

Now, remember, most people aren't aware of the influences that make up their world view. Not because they're dumb but because their mind is on something else. Think of how many take for granted the idea that people have rights and should be equal under the law. So, many people have Marxist ideas and don't know where they came from.

I've never seen so many words used to say "wake up, sheeple!"

Well, you seem to know a lot about Fox News.  :)

To be honest MT my expansive knowledge of FOX News doesn't come from watching it, but sadly from that crap ass facebook.  I know you can scroll down past what they share but there are some people who don't just put one per day but scores of them every day. I look at comments their friends make and it then peaks my interest to see what the hell are they yelling about now. 

Funny thing is the people who throw all that stuff on there are the ones who put out a warning "if you put anything political  I will unfriend you." They last a week and start rolling them back out there.

I don't see a whole lot of references to Marxists though.