• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sociology prof: "Whiteness is terror."

I was looking for the poll. The ones I find now are 25% social science professors self identify as Marxists. I think the one I saw before said that half of professors are somewhat Marxist .

Marxists are easy to spot since they say things like "power structure" a lot.

So it should be easy to post said polls, then.  Right?

I think we all agree that 1.) It is AWESOME being white and 2.) White people are the worst. 

There's not a day that goes by without me waking up and being grateful that I'm a white, middle-class male.  It rules.

Would you like to go down this road, Kurt?

Come, walk with me.

Is dialectic the centerpiece of Marxism?

Yes.

Who said?

Every Marxist everywhere,although the original idea was from Hegel.

Di means two, like in dilemma.

So, two things in oppositiin., striving against each other until the final stage where they're equal. It originally was economics, but has spread to every thing Marxists feel like.

Remember,the Marxist idea of dialectic emphasizes opposition, whether it's rich-poor, race versus race, or male-female.

Not sure of everyone else here but for myself it is hard to remember things you just made up.

John, I think you've been caught enough times making shit up and posting erroneous information form non reputable sources that few if any believe your bullshit. But you are welcome to believe it on your own.

Nothing worse than community college Poli-Sci majors.

Which claim did I make up?

John, I think you've been caught enough times making shit up and posting erroneous information form non reputable sources that few if any believe your bullshit. But you are welcome to believe it on your own.

Nothing worse than community college Poli-Sci majors.

There's not a day that goes by without me waking up and being grateful that I'm a white, middle-class male.  It rules.

My wife and I were watching American Ninja Warrior the other day and there was this man/woman couple that ran the course and they were bodies sculpted by the gods, the chick was mega hot and the dude looked like whatever women are into... I turned to my wife and said "Man, these people seriously hit the lottery... except for the being black part."  I said it as a joke but it really isn't, lol.

When I was in poli-sci 101 or whatever the key is take good notes and regurgitate whatever crap the 20-something professor says.  Guaranteed A.

Which is kind of sad really because you would like to think that college is a place for freedom of thought and open exchange of ideas.  Not so much.

I had to take several social studies classes in college... and I went to a pretty damn liberal college. None of my professors ever called themselves Marxists.

25% of sociology professors call themselves Marxist. Many more agree with Marxism, but don't self identify as Marxists.

Marxism is more the theory. That doesn't mean that Marxists want a Stalinist state, which is an application of Marxist ideals.

I'm trying to get you to understand this lady's statement in context. Don't get mad at me for teaching you something.

Edited by Juan Savage

I did have a social studies class from a guy that also taught classic religion at Cal Tech (imagine going between UCLA and Cal Tech) and he did anger many of the Christians in his class when he explained that many religions existed before Christianity that were very similar.

There was also a ska kid in that class that had a hammer and sickle on his backpack.  I am sure he identified as Marxist.

Which claim did I make up?

"The ones I find now are 25% social science professors self identify as Marxists. I think the one I saw before said that half of professors are somewhat Marxist "

You made up the 50% number. Just made it up and now can't find any obscure link to validate your phony statements. I'm sure you will obfuscate with another statement but it falls on deaf ears.

I did have a social studies class from a guy that also taught classic religion at Cal Tech (imagine going between UCLA and Cal Tech) and he did anger many of the Christians in his class when he explained that many religions existed before Christianity that were very similar.

There was also a ska kid in that class that had a hammer and sickle on his backpack. I am sure he identified as Marxist.

Were students mad that there were other religions before christianity, something every knowledgeable Christian knows, or did the professor conclude that because of that, Christianity is false?

Since he's smart, I doubt that he's one of the Zeitgeist idiots.

25% of sociology professors call themselves Marxist. Many more agree with Marxism, but don't self identify as Marxists.

Marxism is more the theory. That doesn't mean that Marxists want a Stalinist state, which is an application of Marxist ideals.

I'm trying to get you to understand this lady's statement in context. Don't get mad at me for teaching you something.

I was too late for the obfuscation comment, I see.

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2015/03/the_prevalence_1.html

elf-identified Marxists are rare in academe today. The highest proportion of Marxist academics can be found in the social sciences, and there they represent less than 18 percent of all professors (among the social science fields for which we can issue discipline-specific estimates, sociology contains the most Marxists, at 25.5 percent)

These are self identified Marxists. The percentage who sympathize with some Marxist ideals is higher and I'll find those for you later.

I love to be doubted like this because it doubles the effect of the information.

"The ones I find now are 25% social science professors self identify as Marxists. I think the one I saw before said that half of professors are somewhat Marxist "

You made up the 50% number. Just made it up and now can't find any obscure link to validate your phony statements. I'm sure you will obfuscate with another statement but it falls on deaf ears.

Edited by Juan Savage

When I was in poli-sci 101 or whatever the key is take good notes and regurgitate whatever crap the 20-something professor says.  Guaranteed A.

Which is kind of sad really because you would like to think that college is a place for freedom of thought and open exchange of ideas.  Not so much.

My experience was that, especially in lower level social science courses, if you believe the course catalog when it says that you are getting an experienced professor, about half the time he/she has handed the class off to a GA who may not have even taught before. I got saddled with a psychopathology course like this once. I thoroughly enjoyed the professor who was supposed to teach the course, but I soon found out that he had given the class to his GA, who read in a monotone verbatim from his written notes. I went to two lectures, returned for the exams (the dates were listed in the class syllabus) and I got an A in the course. Ah, the value of a college education...