• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

radio station

The Radio Flagship stations for the Angels are:

• AM830 KLAA (English) and

• ESPN 1330 AM (Spanish).

The Angels Radio Network affiliate stations include:

• KMET 1490am BANNING/RIVERSIDE

• KRAK 910am HESPERIA

• KSPN 710am LOS ANGELES

• KLOA 1240am RIDGECREST

• KXPS 1010am PALM SPRINGS/RANCHO CUCAMONGA

• KKZZ 1400am VENTURA

• KWWN 1100am LAS VEGAS

• KFZN 1320am SALT LAKE CITY

• ;)

The Radio Flagship stations for the Angels are:

• AM830 KLAA (English) and
  • ESPN 1330 AM (Spanish).

The Angels Radio Network affiliate stations include:

• KMET 1490am BANNING/RIVERSIDE
  • KRAK 910am HESPERIA
  • KSPN 710am LOS ANGELES
  • KLOA 1240am RIDGECREST
  • KXPS 1010am PALM SPRINGS/RANCHO CUCAMONGA
  • KKZZ 1400am VENTURA
  • KWWN 1100am LAS VEGAS
  • KFZN 1320am SALT LAKE CITY
  • ;)

KMET is back!

I live in Carlsbad, am830 comes in just fine for me, it's not perfectly clear when they have to drop signal strength at night, but not bad at all. 710 sometimes comes in a little better. Not sure how far south the signal carries.

Storm, to answer your original question, I would just download the MLB At Bat app if you have a smartphone. You can pay $15 for the whole season and listen wherever you have a signal (whether wi-fi or cell).

I will proudly 2nd this with a lot of support. Radio feed, live gameday, videos of signifigant plays about 5 minutes after they happen, all streaming any where you have internet access. Like Pujols and Aybars homers lastnight, I got to watch on my phone pretty much right after they happened...I was driving and listening to it on the radio, when i got home i watched them on the app.

Honestly for the entire season it is 100% worth it.

I'll also 2nd the MLB app, it is awesome, best paid sports app by far. I have to get MLB.tv living in San Diego County to watch anyways and At Bat is included. Also interesting to listen to the opponents broadcasts sometimes.

Reorganizing the list

• AM830 KLAA  -- transmitter is 50,000 watts, but located in Corona.  Directional means its coverage cuts the entire coast from Oxnard to San Diego, but weak coverage northward.  We all know that its actual coverage can be iffy in places.  
  • KSPN 710am LOS ANGELES -- 50,000 watts.  the torch, can be heard in Bakersfield and almost in Hanford and Visalia.   Basically the best option for almost everyone, if they're playing the game.   Only station with any significant coverage north of the Grapevine into the Central Valley.  
  • KWWN 1100am LAS VEGAS -- 22,000 watts -  I used to live there.  They broadcast perhaps 1/3 of the games, tops.  Covers Las Vegas metro very well, but doesn't quite reach past Baker, CA, doesn't quite reach Kingman, AZ.   Still, its power and population coverage is third best on the network.
  • KFZN 1320am SALT LAKE CITY -- No info, but as that's the home of the AAA affilliate, this one makes a little sense.  Radio Locator has this as KFNZ, a 5000 watt station which seems to have decent coverage of the SLC metro area.  
  • KXPS 1010am PALM SPRINGS/RANCHO CUCAMONGA -- 3600 watts.  Third place in California in terms of power, possibly a better option in San Bernardino than the Riverside station is, overlapping with KMET and KRAK service areas, as well as covering its own swath of the desert.  But other than Palm Springs, anyone who can hear this one can probably hear KLAA or KSPN.
  • KMET 1490am BANNING/RIVERSIDE --  1000 watts.  Covers Redlands, coverage in San Bernardino and Palm Springs look iffy (but PS doesn't matter, it has its own station, above)
  • KLOA 1240am RIDGECREST -- 820 watts.  Covers the largely uninhabited region on the Kern-San Bernardino border near the northern are for both.  Extremely low population area.  Still, it's the only station in California that isn't in the greater LA metro area.  If you're on US 395, you can hear it for a little while.
  • KRAK 910am HESPERIA -- 700 watts.  Covers the high desert from Hesperia to Barstow.   Very low population area.  It does sorta plug the gap between KLAA and KWWN during drives to and from Vegas.  Sorta.
  • KKZZ 1400am VENTURA --- Can anyone confirm this station is even on the network?  Radio-locator.com says KKZZ is off the air, and also says 1400 AM in Ventura is a Spanish language station (KUNX).  

Really, there's four real stations in the network, and two of them are in metro LA, and only one is confirmed to actually play most to all of the games (KSPN and KWWN both carry less than 100 games a year).   Every other station is a tiny station that covers barely any people not already in the shadow of KLAA or KSPN.  

The Spanish language network isn't all that much better.  One station, maybe two (Ventura's status is iffy), 5,000 watts.  

And yes, this is mostly me being grumpy that I can't hear the games while driving home from work anymore.  Damn KIGS 620 leaving the network (during the playoffs, no less)...