• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels bat boys....errr I mean bat men?

yamsi12

I've noticed that the bat boys and ball boys along the foul lines have been with the Angels since at least 2007. Do these "boys" actually have a real job? I know I'd love their job as a teenager but they look to be in their late 20's. Do they plan on doing this into their 60's?

Sort of lame to not give other younger people the opportunity to do that job.

I've noticed that the bat boys and ball boys along the foul lines have been with the Angels since at least 2007. Do these "boys" actually have a real job? I know I'd love their job as a teenager but they look to be in their late 20's. Do they plan on doing this into their 60's?

Sort of lame to not give other younger people the opportunity to do that job.

I agree with this. I always appreciated the guys who were 15-19 years old doing it. Ball boy is not a career.

I believe that the ball boy in right field has a slight disability which may explain his weight. I think that it is great that the Angels are giving him a chance to be a part of the team.

We all feel terrible now for the things we have said to our various seat mates through the years while watching the games.

He has always reminded me a bit of Babe Ruth.  And as much as I appreciate him, he's no match for Spastic Ball Boy. 

I believe that the ball boy in right field has a slight disability which may explain his weight. I think that it is great that the Angels are giving him a chance to be a part of the team.

I agree. Plus, if you watch him when he's throwing between innings, he's actually really got a good arm. His throws are way more controlled than Featherston's are.

I don't see the issue with having adult ball and bat boys.Since the Angels keep asking the same employees to return every year, they obviously value their contributions and feel they're the best for the team. Perhaps it's nobody's concern how old they are.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Just imagine in The Natural Roy Hobbs telling the bat boy who is 30 to "go pick me out a winner" when his bat breaks.

Overweight, chain-smoking Bobby Savoy? Yeah it's silly. I don't know if this is MLB-wide or just some teams employee this, but perhaps there's a liability thing and part marketing thing involved, where you need an adult.

I have read that those dudes do laundry for like 6 hours after the game, and prep all the gear. So maybe it's a job minors can't handle. On other teams maybe ball/bat boys are figureheads and they have Mexicans doing the hard work behind the scenes.

Overweight, chain-smoking Bobby Savoy? Yeah it's silly. I don't know if this is MLB-wide or just some teams employee this, but perhaps there's a liability thing and part marketing thing involved, where you need an adult.

I have read that those dudes do laundry for like 6 hours after the game, and prep all the gear. So maybe it's a job minors can't handle. On other teams maybe ball/bat boys are figureheads and they have Mexicans doing the hard work behind the scenes.

Why be like everyone else?

I noticed recently that Shane Demmitt, who was an Angels' bat boy for years, is now Assistant Clubhouse Manager. So looks like there is upward mobility in the bat/ball boy field.

Strangest internship ever.  Though can the Angel even employ minors to be batboys while school is in session with a 9pm (or whatever it is now) curfew?

• 1 year later...

Hey Angels junkie:. The thread isn't gay, your avatar pic in those sunglasses is though. No fat boy isn't an attorney. But, yes a girl in right field would be a welcomed change. Mullein444 pine tar would create fierce blisters. Nate: cmon have a sense of humor.

Downing Rules: I have felt bad for not saying more to "seat mates" about the Irvine losers who leave in the 6th or 7th inning. LAAMike: the liability from a "special Ed" on the field makes it very very unlikely. And trying suggesting to some fat neighbor that's their problems root.