• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Rosenthal: Tensions return between front office, Scioscia (Update: Dipoto resigns)

But you don't know the context in which it was done. It feels out of the blue to us because we're not there every day. Give me a break with "gutless."

If you don't know the context how can you blindly defend JD's actions?  You can't have it both ways.

Because for all intensive purposes, JD was the guy trying to move this team in the right direction. It's the classic old-school vs. new-school. How many times does old-school come out on top?

This team cannot compete in the future without embracing the new school way of thinking.  They just can't.  Everybody else is moving that direction. 

Interested in seeing who the next GM is. My guess is either a washed-up good ol boy making his next failed rotation (ie, Kevin Towers or Bud Black), or a company shill promoted from within. We got lucky with Dipoto and won't be getting as lucky again.

Dipoto never stood a chance.

Thank you jerry for fixing the pitching depth

Time for Sosh to trade it all away for a ole vet who knows how to win

If you don't know the context how can you blindly defend JD's actions?  You can't have it both ways.

Do you see me calling JD a hero? I'm just bristling at people trying to throw him under the bus at this point.

I've posted repeatedly that the only guy I'm ready to vilify is Arte, because at the end of the day keeping all of this in check is on him.

Interested in seeing who the next GM is. My guess is either a washed-up good ol boy making his next failed rotation (ie, Kevin Towers or Bud Black), or a company shill promoted from within. We got lucky with Dipoto and won't be getting as lucky again. 

Dipoto was the one who got lucky coming to the Angels.  He had no experience and had been basically passed over for the GM spot in AZ.

Bud Black would be too convenient.  The guy was Scioscia's subordinate as pitching coach, which means he would be subordinate as GM.  You just know it. 

I'm sorry, I don't respect Dipoto for doing this, it's gutless. The timing is really bad, and I thought he was smarter than this. He's not the only one affected by this decision, he hired a lot of good people, and he just let them down and floundering.

With the greatest respect Tomsred, I think if he had continued on with this charade all the good people he hired would have slowly lost respect for him because he couldn't effectively implement their ideas with Scioscia and his staff. Eventually everyone would know him as a figurehead only, a leader in name only with no teeth.

He was letting those good people down by not taking action. You can debate the "timing" all you want but there is never a really good time to resign.

What wasn't good for the organization was Arte Moreno giving a team manager a 10 year contract and too much control and not empowering his General Manager to do his job. Forget about Scioscia and Dipoto and let's focus on Arte's own managing skills. I never thought I'd be questioning a billionaire's decision making but Moreno has cluster-****** this team and has lost a good GM in the process.