• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Rosenthal: Tensions return between front office, Scioscia (Update: Dipoto resigns)

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-mike-scioscia-front-office-tensions-jerry-dipoto-ken-rosenthal-062915

"According to sources:

● Dipoto met with Scioscia and his coaching staff on Friday, and the exchange turned contentious when the GM asked the coaches to better communicate to the players scouting reports and statistical information provided by the front office.

● In a separate meeting with the players, coaches and Scioscia on Sunday, Dipoto informed the players that they would now be given the information directly by the front office; they then could decide whether or not to use it.

● Pujols challenged Dipoto in the meeting, saying that the coaches are working as hard to prepare the players as they did last season, but that the roster is not nearly as strong as it was a year ago."

More in the article...

`

Dipoto met with Scioscia and his coaching staff on Friday, and the exchange turned contentious when the GM asked the coaches to better communicate to the players scouting reports and statistical information provided by the front office.

This is a perfectly reasonable request from upper management.

In a separate meeting with the players, coaches and Scioscia on Sunday, Dipoto informed the players that they would now be given the information directly by the front office; they then could decide whether or not to use it.

This is not.

It's unfortunate that Dipoto's contract was extended. I recognize some of his qualities, but I think he's been highly ineffective and even damaging as a GM. He traded away all of our prospects for a handful of pitchers–one of them being Joe Thatcher.  He has completely neglected the team's offense for a very long time leading me to suspect that he isn't competent at anything but pitching. 

This news is really unnerving. The future looks very bleak, and I'm certain next season's roster will be significantly worse. 

It's unfortunate that Dipoto's contract was extended. I recognize some of his qualities, but I think he's been highly ineffective and even damaging as a GM. He traded away all of our prospects for a handful of pitchers–one of them being Joe Thatcher. He has completely neglected the team's offense for a very long time leading me to suspect that he isn't competent at anything but pitching.

This news is really unnerving. The future looks very bleak, and I'm certain next season's roster will be significantly worse.

Lol wtf? He traded all our prospects for joe thatcher? He has stockpiled young cost controlled pitching which is currency in baseball he has set himself up to fix this team he just hasn't done it.

Lol wtf? He traded all our prospects for joe thatcher? He has stockpiled young cost controlled pitching which is currency in baseball he has set himself up to fix this team he just hasn't done it.

There is a lapse in your reading comprehension. Try reading this one more time:

"He traded away all of our prospects for a handful of pitchers–one of them being Joe Thatcher."

Edited by failos

Dipoto might have a point. And I like him and Sosh. Angels never look prepared against guys they haven't seen before even if they suck. I honestly think the scouting must not be getting to the players and I've thought this long before this article.

And I don't know what scouting Scioscia uses but his constant leftie - leftie match up thing with guys who do well in this situations drives me nuts. Then guys like Joyce get occasional starts against a leftie when he has no business getting those at bats.

The offense sucking is totally jds fault. He should've signed one of these powerhouse bats over the offseason.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/freeagents/_/type/ranked

Or maybe traded a hot prospect like KUBITZA for a big bat.

Aybar, Calhoun and iannetta unpredictably being terrible is all on the GM.

Edited by Corona