• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaleb Cowart at SLC so far....

52 at bats = .961 OPS including an over .400 OBP

Has he finally found himself at the plate?

Considering Cowart's solid defensive skills and solid speed (10 for 11 SBs at IE in just 2 months), if this is a permanent thing we end up seeing (although not the .961 OPS), it could be huge for the org and force a move to LF for Kubitza.

AO, although I've been skeptical of those PCL numbers I really do hope that Cowart figures it out. I interviewed him almost 2 years ago for AW.com and I remember he was the first one I interviewed coming in from the game and I asked him "How did you do tonight?" and he dejectedly told me he went 0-4 and I felt bad for him.

He's a good guy, an above average defender and if he can turn the corner on his offensive skills I'd be very happy for him. Everyone deserves to have hard work pay off.

He's fallen off in July, 3-20 although drawing 3 BBs in that time. 

.825 OPS currently for SLC

I wonder why he's stopped stealing bases.   A guy with double digits SBs ability has only attempted two in some 80 at bats so far for SLC, after going 10-11 in just two months for the Sixers. 

He's fallen off in July, 3-20 although drawing 3 BBs in that time. 

.825 OPS currently for SLC

I wonder why he's stopped stealing bases.   A guy with double digits SBs ability has only attempted two in some 80 at bats so far for SLC, after going 10-11 in just two months for the Sixers. 

He's prepping for hitting in front of Albert

I like that he's succeeding, but I don't believe his success in the least bit. Two years of getting dominated in AA, back down to A Ball this year where he was simply ok and is now in AAA putting up the best numbers of his career in the most hitter friendly environment on earth. 

Well, it's not as though he is facing weaker pitching.

He definitely needs another full year of this before getting a shot at 3rd but it isn't as though he's just hitting a ton of homeruns. He's simply seeing the ball better, and I doubt he is seeing as many fastballs in that environment.

Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery and a boost of confidence.

The most interesting thing to me is that his zone awareness has gone back to it's previous level.  He's drawing walks again.  

Whatever hitting position they had him working on clearly didn't allow him to track the ball as well.  The guy clearly knows how to have an at bat.  I agree that his confidence probably has a lot to do with it.  

The most interesting thing to me is that his zone awareness has gone back to it's previous level. He's drawing walks again.

Whatever hitting position they had him working on clearly didn't allow him to track the ball as well. The guy clearly knows how to have an at bat. I agree that his confidence probably has a lot to do with it.

His last 10 games he's had a .395 OBP and his last game he was hitless but drew 2 BBs. Sounds like he needed to make both mental and mechanical adjustments.

The most interesting thing to me is that his zone awareness has gone back to it's previous level. He's drawing walks again.

Whatever hitting position they had him working on clearly didn't allow him to track the ball as well. The guy clearly knows how to have an at bat. I agree that his confidence probably has a lot to do with it.

Actually the zone awareness started to come back over a year ago when I last saw him in Arkansas. During my last visit I noticed he took two walks although his hitting was still sub-par.

The zone awareness actually has been there for a while now it was the contact and power that was lacking.

Really happy to see him doing better!

Is there a precedence for this high level of a prospect failing as badly as he was, getting sent all the way back to A ball and then succeeding? I feel like I've never seen that in the years I've watched baseball. Would be a great story, and a huge win for this org!

I've been trying to find another example where the player became a solid major leaguer. I've yet to do so. Most are guys that figure it out at 26/27.

Still striking out a fair amount, but small sample is dwindling and he's starting to add some slg to his hits. I can discount when guys do this over 100 ab with a bunch of singles, but his 13 xbh make this less of an aberration.